Internet Rivers: Kids
This page lists non commercial web sites for Children. If you have a non-commercial web site with fun activities for kids, please, add it here. The Child Safety page leads to non-commercial resources on child safety. The other subdirectories lead to commericial with Kid's Stores and parenting resources.
- FirstGov for Kids (kids.gov)
A Directory for kids, by the federal consumer information center.
- Scrub Club (www.scrubclub.org)
The Scrub Club is a fun site about fighting bacteria and staying healthy.
- Clean Sweep, USA: (www.cleansweepusa.org)
Clean Sweep USA, by Keep America Beautiful, offers a series of presentations to help us keep waste in its place.
- Discover the Forest (discovertheforest.org)
This site invites children to discover the forest and find "where the Other You Lives"
- Free Coloring Pages (www.coloringpagespot.com)
Free printable coloring pages for kids and teens. Alphabet, numbers, animals and more!
- Sesame Workshop (www.sesameworkshop.org)
You can find hours of fun stuff at the Sesame Street work shop. They have cool educational games, and more.
- Toon University (www.toonuniversity.com)
Toon university has some fun learning games and product demonstrations online. Apparently, you have to pay a subscription fee to get to the best stuff.
- NASA For Kids Only (kids.mtpe.hq.nasa.gov)
A secret site, founded by NASA's Earth's Science Enterprise is geared toward helpings kids learn about the earth, water, air and space.
- Welcome to Recycle City! (www.epa.gov)
Published by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), recycle city is filled with games and interactive graphics showing how we can re-use things.
- DMOZ for Kids and Teens (dmoz.org)
The kid's branch of DMOZ has links to thousands of sites designed for kids.
- KIDSNET (www.kidsnet.org)
a national resource for children's television and radio.
- Backyard Jungle (www.backyardjungle.org)
Find out about ecology in your own backyard. Science Games, Environmental Education.
- Lets Walk to School... (www.walktoschool.org.uk)
A British site suggesting that we walk to schools and save energy.
- BLS Career Information Home Page (stats.bls.gov)
Information on kareers for kids. It is a good interface that shows how the things that interest you can translate into a life time career.
- Mike and the Bike (www.mikeandthebike.com)
Site for kids that like to ride their bike.
- FEMA for KIDS (www.fema.gov)
Herman the spokescrab will bring you on a tour of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Montana is for Kids! (montanakids.com)
A site featuring the history and facts about the Big Sky State ... Montana.
- Take 25 (www.take25.org)
This program encourages parents and kids to talk about child safety.
- Girls on the Run (www.girlsontherun.org)
This nonprofit, established by Molly Barker, encourages girls to run! Exercise builds self esteem.
- Child Bible Story Online (www.childrenstory.info)
Offer easy Christian bible lesson for kids and coloring.
- Punch and Judy on the Web (www.punchandjudy.com)
A web site dedicated to the puppet characters Punch and Judy.
- Energy Ant (www.eia.doe.gov)
The Energy Ant on the EIA Energy Kids Page has activities and fun stuff related to energy.
- The Food Detectives Fight BAC! (www.fooddetectives.com)
The Food Detectives educational game seek to keep bacteria from food and save the world from food poisoning.
- Henry The Hand (www.henrythehand.com)
Henry the Hand is a champion handwasher. This fun site has information on how you too can master hand washing skills.
- America's Library (www.americaslibrary.gov)
A site by the Smithsonian has pages about America's story.
- InventNow.org (www.inventnow.org)
InventNow.org is a flash site full of imaginative inventions.
- KidsHealth (kidshealth.org)
A site by the Nemours charity about kid's health. The site has sections for kids, parents and teens.
- PBS KIDS (*)
PBS Kids has online videos and games for kids. Shop PBSKids has products for kids.
Category Hits 12692
*This is an affiliate link.