Internet Rivers: Running
In the last few years, there's been a surge in community running events. Events take place at all levels. Health organizations love to hold fun runs for charities.
On the extreme side of things, Ironman triathlons begin with a marathon. XTerra races are taking people off roads on on to trails.
There is also a growing number of mud runs, custom runs and obstacle courses. The community directories show local running events. This page lists national sources.
- Spartan Race (*)
Are you Spartan Tough? Spartan Race organizes a series of obstacle races across the nation.
- XTERRA Planet (www.xterraplanet.com)
XTERRA Planet has info on off road races and triathlons.
- Running Barefoot (barefootrunning.com)
Site advocates barefoot running.
- Panerathon (panerathon.com)
The Panerathon is an event by Panera Bread to end hunger.
- Hunter-Gatherer (www.hunter-gatherer.com)
Hunter Gather applies anthropological studies to modern life. It advocates barefoor running.
- Mustache Dache (mustachedache.com)
This is a Mustache themed racing event.
- Running in the USA (www.runningintheusa.com)
This site offers a comprehensive list of races broken out by State.
- Go Fun Runs (www.gofunruns.com)
Site provides info on fun runs and zombie runs around the world.
- ROC Race 5k (www.rocrace.com)
The Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge is a roaming obstacle race.
- Color Vibe 5K Run (www.thecolorvibe.com)
The Color Vibe is a traveling 5K run with a color throw.
- Trail Run Project (www.trailrunproject.com)
This site has maps and pictures and maps of popular running trails around the world.
Category Hits 1531
*This is an affiliate link.