🠈 iMedia Brands 🠊
iMedia Brands is a holding company for online shopping channels. They purchased the assets of Christopher & Banks in a bankruptcy sale and has opened several stores with the brand.
This company has a strange habit of rebranding on a regular basis. I drew the bulk of this history from Wikipedia1 which used the words "to distance itself from the reputation it held under" its previous brands. This picture shows a few of the logos used by the firm:
The company is partially owned by a private equity firm called The Clinton Group. The Clinto Group's web site was not working.
- 1990: Company was founded as ValueVision.
- 1991: ValueVision launched its TV shopping channel.
- 2000: NBC purchased network which it rebranded as ShopNBC.
- 2010: NBC announced plans to sell company with the brand ValueVision Media owned by The Clinton Group private equity firm.
- 2013: Company rebranded as ShopHQ. branded as SHQP.
- 2014: Mark Cuban launched the show American Dream on ShopHQ.
- 2015: ShopHQ acquired Dollars Per Minute which owned the brand EVINE and rebranded as EVINE Live.
- 2016: EVINE Live rebranded as EVINE.
- 2019: The holding company rebranded to iMedia Brands Inc..
- 2019: The company launched the Spanish language LaVenta Shopping Network and Bulldog Shopping Network for men.
- 2020: Bulldog chaged its focus to COVID-19 supplies and rebranded as ShopHQ Health.
- 2022: iMedia and the ReStore division of Hilco acquired the assets of Christopher & Banks.
- Wikipedia - ShopHQ (Drawn 11/27/2022)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next