🠈 Amazon.com, Inc 🠊
Founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994, Amazon.com has grown to be the world's largest retailer by market capitalization. In 2016, the company made $4B income on $136B revenue. The market capitalization of AMZN in 9/2017 was $480B.
Amazon APASS Network
The Amazon APASS Network is a collaborative effort between manufacturers, packaging firms and suppliers to create quality consistent packing for packages from Amazon.com. Read more on About Amazon.
This section shows select transactions in Amazon's corporate history.
- 2009: Amazon acquired Zappos in an all stock deal for $1.2 billion.
- 1999: Nick Swinmurn launched an online shoe store with the domain Shoesite.com.
- 1999: The store changed its domain to Zappos.com.
- 2006: Swinmurn left Zappos
- 2013: Swinmurn launched Basecamp Fitness.
- 2018: Self Esteem Brands acquired Basecamp Fitness.
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next