Internet Rivers: Food
Do you have exotic tastes? Well, the internet helps you taste the exotic.
High quality, tasty food is really one of the best gifts that you can give. This section of LinksAlive.com lists sites offering nutritional supplements and healthy foods. You will also find tasty treats in the candy aisle.
- American West Beef (*) - review
American West Beef, from Boulder, brings the best in beef, bison, poultry, fish and lamb to the net. The site offers free shipping and gift certificates.
- Spices For Less (*) - review
Spices For Less is an importer of spices with a massive selection of spices and salts at low internet prices. The site offers spice sets which make great gifts for chefs.
- Wild Zora (*) - review
Wild Zora offers protein bars with a mix of jerky, fruit and nuts that are ideal for the paleo diet.
- St. James Winery (www.stjameswinery.com)
Company from St. James, Missouri offers a huge selection of wine, holiday, custom, and unique gift basket assortments.
- fight bac (www.fightbac.org)
A site by the Partnership for Food Safety Education (PFSE) with information on Safe Food Handling.
- The Fresh Loaf (www.thefreshloaf.com)
The Fresh Loaf is a site about baking, artisan bakeries by bread enthusiasts.
- Chefs Collaborative (chefscollaborative.org)
Chefs Collaborative is a leading network of chefs and members of the food community that fosters a sustainable food supply through advocacy, education and collaboration.
- Food You (www.foodyoo.com)
Web site features food and recipes of different countries and cultures. Post food and share with others.
- Pick Your Own (www.pickyourown.org)
This site lists pick-your-own farms by state.
- FreshPlaza (www.freshplaza.com)
An international site with news on fresh produce and bananas.
- U.S. Wellness Meats (www.grasslandbeef.com)
With the motto: Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too, Wellness Meats provides grass fet bison, beef, rabbit and goat.
- S & W Premium Beans (www.swbeans.com)
S & W Premium Beans offers a recipe collection of healthy bean recipes such as black bean soup, chicken chili, bean dip. Learn about bean health benefits, why beans make the ???superfood??? list, bean nutrition information and more.
- US Food Safety (www.usfoodsafety.com)
US Food Safety follows recalls and issues related to the safety of the American food supply.
- Food Business Review (www.food-business-review.com)
Site provides news about the food business.
- Feeding America (feedingamerica.org)
Site has information on food banks in the United States.
- Seafood Watch (www.seafoodwatch.org)
Many fish are becoming depleted. This program by the Monterey Bay Aquarium has information on sustainable seafood.
- I Love Blue Sea (www.ilovebluesea.com)
Site promotes sustainable seafood.
- Farmageddon Movie (farmageddonmovie.com)
A trailer for a movie about the plight of America's small farms.
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Home (www.fsis.usda.gov)
A USDA site with information on food safety and the UDSA inspection program
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (nchfp.uga.edu)
The University of George is host to the National Center of Home Food Preparation with information on safe canning.
- Institute of Food Technologists (www.ift.org)
The Institute of Food Technologists is a national organization interested in food safety, nutrition and storage.
- Meatless Monday (www.meatlessmonday.com)
Site suggests going meatless one day a week. (Note, the Catholic Church advocates abstaining from meat on Friday ... especially during Lent).
- The World's Healthiest Foods (whfoods.com)
The George Mateljan Foundation, a not-for-profit foundation with no commercial interests or advertising, is a new force for change to help make a healthier you and a healthier world.
- Fast Casual (www.fastcasual.com)
Fast Casual is a blog about the growing fast casual sector of the restaurant industry. (These are restaurants offering higher quality food in a fast serve setting).
Category Hits 6214
*This is an affiliate link.