Internet Rivers: Twitter
I've started whiling away my days on Twitter. The account for this directory is CommunityColor. My personal twitter account is yintercept. Below are interesting Twitter tools that I find in my social medica excursion.
NOTE One needs to be very careful about giving out your Twitter Password. Unethical sites will spam your follower list; so research twitter tools wisely and be prepared to change your password after testing a program.
- A Beginners Guide to Using Twitter (*)
Site offers an eBook on using twitter.
- Twitaholic.com (twitaholic.com)
Twitterholic ranks information by followers. I use the follow by location feature to find new web sites. (me)
- Twitter Counter (twittercounter.com)
Twitter Counter provides data about followers on twitter account.
- TrueTwit Sign Up (truetwit.com)
TrueTwit is a validation service for twitter. It has a human-validator to help weed out bots.
- Retweetrank (www.retweetrank.com)
This program shows info on the number of times a twitterer gets retweeted.
- Twestival (twestival.com)
A Twestival is a meet and greet for twitterers.
- Twibes (www.twibes.com)
Twibes organizes Twitter groups.
- Vidly (m.vid.ly)
Vidly is a product for sharing videos on twitter.
- Baker Tweet (bakertweet.com)
Baker's tweet about what's in their ovens.
- TweetValue (tweetvalue.com)
Produces a figure claiming to be the value of your twitter account.
- TweetBookz (www.tweetbookz.com)
Site will print a book containining your tweets.
- Trendsmap (trendsmap.com)
This app shows real time twitter trends.
- Twellow (www.twellow.com)
Twellow, the Twitter Yellowpages, is a directory of twitter accounts.
- Fauxlowers.com (fauxlowers.com)
Fauxlowers calculttes statistics on a twitter account's followers. This page shows my profile.
- Hope140 (hope140.org)
A twitter site that highlights good things going on.
- Shorty Awards (shortyawards.com)
An award for micro blogs and short real time content.
- Twitpic / yintercept (twitpic.com)
Twitpic is a picture upload service for Twitter.
- Klout (www.klout.com)
Klout estimates the influence of twitter accounts. It gives me a score in the 40s but doesn't say what is behind the score.
- Hashtags.org (www.hashtags.org)
Site has information on the definition and use of popular hashtags.
- Social Check (socialcheck.com) - review
Social Check, based in Sydney, offers tools to analyze and help improve your appearance on social media.
- Parler Free Speech Social Network (parler.com)
Parler is a "free speach" alternative to Twitter for short form posts. This is my account.
Category Hits 4445
*This is an affiliate link.