Internet Rivers: Info
This is simply a directory of sites that I found of interest. Don't really expect any sense of order. When I find several links of a common theme, I place them in subdirectory.
- Questia (*)
Questia is a subscription service with the ultimate online library. The library contains the full text of tens of thousands of books and hundreds of thousands of articles.
- Find My Record (*) - review
Find My Record offers criminal background checks and in home drug testing kits. Their signature product lets you look up your own criminal background history.
- Ignite Shows (igniteshow.com) - review
An Ignite is an evening of spark. A spark is a 5 minute presentation with 20 slides. An ignite will present a series of a dozen or so sparks on a variety of topics. Events take place in major metro areas.
- Dances of Universal Peace (www.dancesofuniversalpeace.org)
The International Network for the Dances of Universal Peace is a non-profit organization offering simple circle dances that use sacred phrases, music, and movements from the many traditions of the earth.
- Census Bureau - POPClocks (www.census.gov)
Yikes, there's a boat load of people wandering around this planet. The US Census bureau publishes population clocks for the US and the world.
- Federal Consumer Information Service (publications.usa.gov)
Receive free publications by the US Government.
- TireSafety.com (www.tiresafety.com)
A short, informative page by Firestone about tire safety. Hmmm, I wonder why the made it?
- Union of Concerned Scientists (www.ucsusa.org)
UCS is an independent nonprofit alliance of 50,000 concerned citizens and scientists across the country. Founded in 1969 at MIT.
- Green Map System (www.greenmap.org)
is creating maps of the different environmental initiatives in a region. This sounds like a great project for a community group.
- AnandTech (www.anandtech.com)
Hardware analysis and news. Site contains original articles and forums on computer hardware.
- Hunger In America 2001 from America's Second Harvest (www.hungerinamerica.org)
Site has statistics on hunger in America including demographic breakdowns, agencies turning away poor, etc..
- National Do Not Call Registry (donotcall.gov)
The National Do Not Call Registry will remove your name from telemarketers lists. That's right, register with this government agency. Telemarketers will have to pay a big fine if they call you. It will get you off their list!!!!
- Online Education (www.study-online.net)
Provides information about online colleges & universities, online degrees and courses, types of financial aid. You can find the program you need, register, and apply online.
- Theocracy Watch (www.theocracywatch.org)
A study of the theocracies rising to power.
- Survey ZEN (www.surveyzen.com)
Reviews and ratings of online paid survey companies.
- Petition (www.petitionspot.com)
We help you to make your voice on the internet with online petitions.
- Catalogue For Philanthropy (www.catalogueforphilanthropy.org)
Site includes reports on philanothropy in the United States, including a state by state generosity index.
- geocoder.us (geocoder.us)
Get the geocode for street addresses.
- Legal Resources (www.legalmessenger.com)
Legal resources including forms, contracts and articles
- Freight Rail Works (www.freightrailworks.org)
Site encourages freight rail as a environmentally sound alternative to road transit.
- Public Multimedia, Inc. (publicmultimedia.org)
Site supports quality independent reporting.
- Freedom Calls Foundation (freedomcalls.org)
This organization helps families connect with family members doing service in Iraq.
- Adventures of Jonathan Gullible (jonathangullible.com)
Johnny Gullible is a model citizen. You should be like him and vote like him ... or suffer the consequences.
- Martin Luther King Day (www.mlkday.gov) - review
Martin Luther King Day (January 18) is a national day of service that commemorates the civil rights movement.
- 2010 Census (www.census.gov) - review
The 2010 Census offers detailed demographic information on the United State's population.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (www.nist.gov)
Group defines and imposes standards on industry and sciences.
- The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (www.rcfp.org)
Site follows issues related to the freedom of the press and application of FOIA Law (Freedom of Information Act).
- Google Plus (plus.google.com)
Google Plus is a Social Networking site by Google. So, I created a page for the Community Color directories.
- Read the Declaration (www.readthedeclaration.com) - review
A site encourages people to read the Declaration of Independence on July 4th.
- Wind Map (hint.fm)
This page shows a map of winds in the US.
- Public Data (*)
Public Data offers public access to government records. You can look up drivers records, criminal records, business filings and more from one consolidated interface.
Category Hits 16588
*This is an affiliate link.