🠈 Dick's Sporting Goods 🠊
Dick's Sporting Goods
Dick's Sporting Goods is a large full line sporting goods retailer with over 550 stores in 46 states. The company was founded in 1948 by Dick Stack in Birmingham, New York with a $300 investment from his Grandmother. Dick was 18 at the time.
The store quickly expanded from its original offerings of bait and tackle to a full line of sporting goods.
In 1994, the company moved its headquarters to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In 2004, Dicks Sporting Goods acquired Gaylan's Sporting Goods. In 2007, the company acquired Golf Galaxy.
The web site DicksSportingGoods.com is operated in conjunction with GSI Commerce. GSI operates other major sporting goods sites including FogDog Sports, and The Sports Authority. The company trades on the NYSE with the symbol DKS.
Dick's Sporting Goods owns the naming rights to Dick's Sporting Goods Park which is owned by Commerce City Colorado and is home to the Colorado Rapids.
- Phoenix Color - Sporting Goods: Dick's Sporting Goods
- Pima County - Sporting Goods: Dick's Sporting Goods
- Colorado Springs Color - Sporting Goods: Dick's Sporting Goods
- Denver Color - Sporting Goods: Dick's Sporting Goods
- Denver Color - Golf: Golf Galaxy
- Salt Lake Sites - Sporting Goods: Dick's Sporting Goods
- Salt Lake Sites - Golf: Golf Galaxy
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next