🠈 LongHorn Steakhouse 🠊
LongHorn Steak House
LongHorn Steakhouse is a chain of about 500 restaurants dedicated to serving quality steaks.
The restaurant was founded in 1981 in Atlanta by George McKerrow, Jr.. The restaurateur says the business was floundering when a freak snowstorm hit Atlanta. Mr. McKerrow opened his doors to the pstranded motorists and served dollar drinks. These motorists began spreading the word about the hospitality they received in times of need. This set the chain on a path to rapid expansion
The company merged with Capital Grill as part of a corporation called RARE Hospitality. Darden Restaurant Group then acquired RARE.
ADVERTISEMENT: You can Buy Darden Restaurants Gift Cards at giftcard.com.
Here is a commercial from the firm:>
I derived the history prior to 1997 from Funding Universe. I could not find good information about the creation of RARE Hospitality and the merger with Capital Grill.
- 1981: George McKerrow opened a Texas Roadhouse style restaurant in Atlanta. He then formed Contemporary Restaurant Concepts Inc. CRC which developed the concept for LongHorn Steaks Restaurant & Saloon.
- 1982: A freak storm hit Atlanta. McKerrow opened his doors to stranded motorists and served dollar drinks. They began spreading word about the hospitality they received.
- 1983: LongHorn opened a second restaurant in 1983 and had 15 by 1989.
- 198?: CRC opened a meat processing subsidiary called Superior Meats.
- 198?: CRC started a chain called Skeeter's Mesquite Grilles.
- 1996: LongHorn merged with Bugaboo Creek Steak House Inc. which owned Capital Grill.5
- 1997: The parent company changed its name to RARE Hospitality.5
- 2007: RARE sold Bugaboo to Charlie Brown Fresh Grill and Steakhouse in a deal financed by Trimarian Capital.
- Darden Restaurants acquired RARE Hospitality in a deal worth $1.4 billion.2
NOTE: I could not find information about the fate of Skeeter's.
- Wikipedia - LongHorn Steakhouse (Drawn 10/13/2019)
- Darden Acquires RARE (Drawn 10/13/2019)
- Funding Universe - Rare Hospitality History (Drawn 10/14/2019)
- Business Wire - Charlie Brown to acquire Bugaboo Creek (Drawn 10/14/2019)
- GET Filings - RARE Hospitality 10K (Drawn 10/14/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Dining: LongHorn Steakhouse
- Pima County - Dining: LongHorn Steakhouse
- Colorado Springs Color - Dining: LongHorn Steakhouse
- Denver Color - Dining: LongHorn Steakhouse
- Fort Collins Color - Dining: LongHorn Steakhouse
- Ogden, Utah - Dining: LongHorn Steakhouse
- Salt Lake Sites - American: LongHorn Steakhouse
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next