Nordstrom Department Store
Nordstrom is an upscale department store with about 267 stores with 62,000 employees. The company was founded in 1901 by John W. Nordstrom, who had just made $13,000 from a gold mine during the Alaska Komstock gold rush, and his partner Carl Wallin in Seattle. Carl Wallin had a shoe repair business. The combined venture sought to make quality shoes and gradually expanded into other lines of apparel and items for the home.
The initial store Wallin and Nordstrom developed a reputation for excellence in service that the stores work diligently to maintain. In 1923, the company added a second store. In the late twenties control of the company was transferred to Nordstrom's sons who brought the store to a national audience.
In 1971, Nordstrom's went public and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange with the symbol JWN. The stores headquarters are in Seattle, Wa. The current CEO is Bruce Nordstrom. The president is Blake W. Nordstrom.
- Ugg Australia.
- Women's Shoes.
- Shop Men's Apparel, Shoes and more for under $100.
- Plus Size Perfection - Shop a great selection of the most flattering tops, dresses and more.
- Coats under $150.
- Handbags under $200.
- From brides to grooms, outfit your entire Wedding Party at Nordstrom.
- Find the perfect way to say 'I do' in style. Shop dresses, shoes, accessories, suits and more.
- Internet Rivers - Apparel
- Salt Lake Sites - Apparel
- Provo Utah - Apparel
- Denver Color - Apparel
- Denver Color - Department Stores