🠈 Carlyle Group 🠊
The Carlyle Group is a private equity firm headquartered in Washington DC that had an estimated $212 billion in investments in 2018. They might be the largest private equity fund in the world. The Carlyle Group trades on the NASDAQ with symbol CG.
The private equity firm handles investments for many international investors such as Shafiq bin Laden and the royal Saudi family.
The company's portfolio lists has over 12 pages with 50 companies listed per page. 600 companies is too much for me to investigate.
The Carlyle Group was founded in Washington DC by a group with expertise in the financial world and government. It is named after the Carlyle Hotel where the group met to discuss the formation of the company. This section lists events that I encounter in other research.
- 1987: Company was founded in DC by William E. Conway Jr., Daniel A. D'Aniello, and David Rubenstein
- 1996: Carlyle acquired PRA Health Sciences for $19 million.
- 2007: Carlyle acquired HCR ManorCare for $4.9 billion.
- 2010: Carlyle split off the property into an REIT called HCP.
- 2018: HCR ManorCare files bankruptcy due to the 2010 transaction. It is then acquired by Welltower.
- 2012: The Carlyle Group raised $700 million in an IPO.
- Wikipedia - Carlyle Group (Drawn 12/4/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next