🠈 DigitalBridge 🠊
The company changed its name from Colony Capital to DigitalBridge in 2021.
This section lists select bullet points in the company's history.
- 1991: Thomas J. Barrack, Jr. founded Colony Capital.
- 2005: Colony acquired Raffles International which operated 41 hotels and resorts operated under the Raffles Hotel and Swissotel brands.
- 2006: Colony and Kingdom Hotels International acquired Fairmont Hotels and Resorts of Toronto for $3.24 billion. 2006: Colony acquired the French soccer team Paris Saint-Germain.
- 2007: Colony and the Fertitta family took Station Casinos for $5.5 billion $90 per share in a 75/25 split.
- 2009: Station Casinos declared bankruptcy
- 2011: The bankruptcy settlement reduced Colony's stake in Station.
- 2008: A joint venture between Colony and Michael Jackson called Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC took ownership of Neverland Ranch
- 2010: Colony provided a refinancing and marketing package for Annie Leibovitz who was a The New York celebrity photographer for $24 million.
- 2010: Colony in conjunction with the Qatar Investment Authority, Tutor-Saliba Corporation and The Weinstein Company formed a joint venture called Filmyard Holdings to acquire Miramax from Disney for $663 million.
- 2017: Colony created Colony NorthStar, Inc. in a merger including NorthStar Asset Management Group Inc. (NYSE:NSAM) and NorthStar Realty Finance Corp. (NYSE:NRF).
- 2017: Aon purchased the Townsend Group division from ColonyNorthstar for $475 million.
- 2017: Colony acquired the movie production company The Weinstein Company after its co-founder, Harvey Weinstein, was accused of multiple counts of sexual harassment.
- 2020: Kuwait based Wafra private equity firm invested $253.6M investment in Colony (a 31.5% stake).3
- 2021: Colony changed its name to DigitalBridge.2.
- 2022" DigitalBridge reacquired Wafra’s stake for $800 million. The company switched from an REIT to traditional C-Corp.
- 2022: DigitalBridge acquired the global infrastructure investment from AMP Capital for $328 million.
- 2022: DigitalBridge acquired the data center company Switch, Inc. for $11 billion.
- 2022: Swiss Life and EDF Invest bought a 27% stake in DataBank from DigitalBridge for $1.2 billion leaving a DigitalBridge 15.5% stake in DataBank.
- Wikipedia - DigitalBridge (Drawn 2/26/2023)
- DigitalBridge - Press Releases (Drawn 2/26/2023)
- SPglobal -Wafra acquires minority stake in Digital Colony:https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/news-insights/latest-news-headlines/wafra-acquires-minority-stake-in-digital-colony-59567937 (Drawn 2/26/2023)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next