🠈 Food Management Partners 🠊
Food Management Partners
Founded in 1999, Food Management Partners (FMP) is a multi-concept operator of independent restaurant brands. The portfolio includes:
- Carrows Restaurant lists ten restaurants in California.
- Coco’s Bakery has 57 restaurants in California, Arizona, and Nevada.
- Country Buffet
- Don Pablo’s lists 8 restaurants in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio and Texas
- Furr’s Fresh Buffet has 18 restaurants in New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- Hometown Buffet and Old Country Buffet are chains of buffet restaurants.
- Ryan’s Grill is a chain of steak houses and grills.
- Founded in 1993: Tahoe Joe’s is a chain of steak restaurants in California.
- Zio's Italian Kitchen has restaurants in Texas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
- Dynamic Foods
Prior franchises relations include: Buffalo Wild Wings, Little Caesars. They were a founding franchise of Smashburger.
This is my attempt to piece together the corporate history of this corporation:
- 1999: FMP Founded
- 2014: FMP acquired 25 restaurant Furr's chain and Dynamic Foods
- 2015: FMP acquires Catalina Restaurant Group from Zensho:
Catalina Restaurant Group History
The Catalina Restaurant Group was created by a chemical conglomerate called W. R. Grace and Company which was founded in 1854 by William Russell Grace. The firm diversified into restaurants then spun off the chain.
- ???? Grace acquired Coco's Bakery
- 1948: John and Audrey McIntosh purchased The Snack Shop
- ????: The family acquired bought Reuben E. Lee restaurants.
- Around 1965 they change the name of The Snack Shop to Coco's Bakery.
- Grace also acquired El Torito
- 1984 Grace acquired Carrows which had 89 restaurants for $37M.
- 1970: David G. Nancarrow founded Carrows Hickory Chip Restaurant in Santa Clara, California
- 1986-1993: Grace spun off its 145 unit restaurant division as Restaurant Enterprises Group.
- 1996: Flagstar acquired The Restaurant Enterprise Group
- 1997: Flagstar filed chapter 11 and changed its name to Advantica Restaurant Group.
- 2002: Advantica spins off Coco's and Carrows as Catalina Restaurant Group, Inc.
- 2006: Zensho America Corporation (株式会社ゼンショーホールディングス) acquired Catalina Restaurant Group which had 209 restaurants (115 Coco's and 94 Carrows.)
- ???? Grace acquired Coco's Bakery
- 2015: FMP closed 75 of the 149 restaurants from Catalina Group.
- 2015: FMP acquired Ovation Brands
- 1983-1989: Roe Hatlen, C. Dennis Scott, Dermot Rowland and Doron Jensen developed buffet restaurants with names such as HomeTown Buffet and HomeStyle Buffet.
- 1996: The companies merged as Buffets Inc.
- 2006: Buffets Inc. acquired the 340 unit Ryan's Restaurant Group which operated Ryan's Grill Buffet and Bakery and Fire Mountain Grills.
- 1976-1977: Alvin A. McCall, Jr. developed a chain of steakhouses called Quincy's which he sold to Trans World
- 1978: McCall opened a new chain called Ryan's Family Steak Houses, Inc.
- 1982: company goes public in 1982 on NASDAQ with ticker RYAN.
- 2008: Buffets Inc filed chapter 11 and closed 52 stores.
- 2012: Buffets Inc filed chapter 11 and closed 81 restaurants
- 2013: Buffets Inc changed its name to Ovations Brands to much applause.
- Coconino County - Dining: Coco's Bakery
- Phoenix Color - Dining: Coco's Bakery and Hometown Buffet
- Pima County - Dining: Coco's Bakery
- Yuma County - Dining: Coco's Bakery
- Colorado Springs Color - Dining: Country Buffet
- Businesswire - Zensho America Sale (Drawn 3/23/2018)
- NY Times - Grace to acquire Carrows (Drawn 3/23/2018)
- Reference For Business - Ryan's (Drawn 3/24/2018)
- Wikipedia - Ovation Brands (Drawn 3/24/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next