🠈 W. R. Grace and Company 🠊
W. R. Grace and Company
W. R. Grace and Company is a chemical manufacturer firm that appears in numerous acquisition chains that I've been investigating. They company is based in Columbia, Md and trades on the NYSE with the symbol GRA.
This section lists references that I encounter.
- 1854: Company was founded by William Russell Grace who left Ireland during the potato famine to harvest guano in Peru.
- 1882: Grace created its shipping line.
- 1865: Michael Grace joined the firm and they moved to NYC to create Grace Bothers & Co.
- 1895: Company incorporated.
- 1916: Grace acquired Pacific Mail Steamship Company.
- 1928: Grace and Pan American Airways formed Panagra to establish air line to South America.
- 1953: listed on NYSE as GRA
- 1954: Grace acquired Davision Chemical Company
- 1832: founded by William T. Davison as Davison, Kettlewell & Company.
- 1954: Grace acquired Dewey & Almy Chemical Company.
- 1919: Founded by Bradley Dewey and Charles Almy.
- 1966: Grace acquired a 53% stake in Miller Brewing.
- 1969: Grace sold its stake in Miller to Philip Morris for $130 citing moral grounds.
- 1970: Grace sold its shipping line to Prudential Line and exited the shipping industry.
- 2016, Grace spun off Grace Construction Products into a separate firm called GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
- Wikipedia - WR Grace (Drawn 6/30/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next