🠈 Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises 🠊
Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises
Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises is a Chicago based restaurant development firm. The company was founded in 1971 and has about 120 restaurants to its claim.
The company develops a new concept with an original name for each restaurant. A few of the restaurants have been used by other firms as a base for a chain. base for chains developed by other firms.
I drew a list of restaurant names from Wikipedia which I placed to the right. I drew a strike through those listed as closed as of October 2019.
I will only list corporate transactions that appear in the merger chains of other restaurants.
- 1971: Rich Melman and friends opened the restaurant DJ Grunts in Chicago.
- 1976: The company had 5 restaurants and a band called Fresh Lettuce.
- 1991: LEYE opened Maggiano's Little Italy in Chicago.
- 1991: LEYE started Corner Bakery Cafe
- 1995: Brinker International#cbc acquired Maggiano's, Big Bowl, and Corner Bakery Cafe. (NOTE: Some reports indicate that LEYE actually developed these restaurants in conjunction with Brinker.)
- 2005: LEYE reacquired 9 of the 21 Big Bowl restaurants owned by Brinker International.2
- Wikipedia - Lettuce Entertain You (Drawn 10/13/2019)
- Chicago Tribune - Lettuce Looks to Boost Big Bowl (Drawn 10/13/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next