🠈 El Pollo Loco 🠊
El Pollo Loco
El Pollo Loco is a chain of restaurants that was started in 1975 by Juan Francisco Ochoa in Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico. One of the chickens jumped the US border in 1980 and began laying restaurants in Los Angeles. The original Mexican restaurant uses the domain ElPolloLoco.com.mx. The US restaurant uses the domain ElPolloLoco.com.
In 1983 Denny's bought the 19 chain US restaurant which it began expanding aggressively. Denney's was acquired by TW Services in 1987.
In 1999 American Securities LLC acquired the 274-restaurant chain for $114 Million. In 2005 they sold a 328 restaurant chain to Trimaran Capital Partners for $400 Million.
The US version of El Pollo Loco went public in 2014 and they now trade on the NASDAQ with the symbol: LOCO. The restaurant chain in Mexico continues to be owned by the same family.
- Mohave County - Dining: Pollo Loco
- Phoenix Color - Fast Foods: Pollo Loco
- Pima County - Fast Foods: Pollo Loco
- Ogden, Utah - Fast Food: Pollo Loco
- Provo Utah - Fast Foods: Pollo Loco
- Saint George - Dining: Pollo Loco
- Salt Lake Sites - Fast Foods: Pollo Loco
- Wikipedia - El Pollo Loco (Drawn 1/7/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next