🠈 ServiceMaster 🠊
ServiceMaster is a nationwide company offering a variety of home and residential services from over 7000 franchises and locations.1 Brands include Terminix, ServiceMaster Clean, ServiceMaster Restore, Merry Maids, AmeriSpec and Furniture Medic. They trade on the NYSE with the symbol SERV.
In 2018, ServiceMaster spun off their home warrantee service American Home Shield into a separate entity called Frontdoor Home (NYSE: FTDR).
- 1947: Marion E. Wade, who played in the baseball minor league, started a moth-proofing company in Chicago.
- 1952: The company incorporated and began selling carpet cleaning franchises.
- 1986: ServiceMaster acquired Terminex
History of Terminex
- 1927: E. L. Bruce Company of Memphis, Tennessee founded the Bruce Terminix Research Laboratory to find ways to protect hardwood floors from termites.
- 1932: senior chemist Frank Lyons created termiticide and began franchising as Bruce Terminex.
- 1968: Cook Industries acquired Terminex.
- 1972: The company changed its name to Terminix International.
- 1988: ServiceMaster acquired Merry Maids
History of Merry Maids
Merry Maids (merrymaids.com) is an international chain of cleaning franchises.
- 1979: Dallen Peterson started Merry Maids in Omaha, Ne.
- 1994: ServiceMaster acquired a British pest-control business called Peter Cox PLC.
- 1996: ServiceMaster acquired AmeriSpec.
History of AmeriSpec
AmeriSpec (AmeriSpec) is a franchise system for home inspections.
- 1987: AmeriSpec incorporated in Orange County.
- 1988: AmeriSpec began offering franchises.
- 1996: ServiceMagic acquired Furniture Medic and expanding it as a national franchise.
History of Furniture Medic
Joe Lunsford started FurnitureMedic (furnituremedic.com) in 1992 after his furniture was damaged during a move and he couldn't find a repair shop.3
- 2001: Terminix acquired Sears Termite and Pest Control (which was a partner of Terminex).
- 2007: Clayton, Dubilier and Rice acquired ServiceMaster and moved headquarters to Memphis, Tenn.
- 2014: ServiceMaster held an IPO on the NYSE with the symbol SERV.
- 2018: ServiceMaster spun off American Home Shield as Frontdoor Home FTDR.
- 2019: ServiceMaster acquired McCloud Services which was founded in Illinois and had grown to 10 locations.2
- 2019: ServiceMaster acquired Gregory Pest Solutions.
- Wikipedia - ServiceMaster (Drawn 3/2/2020)
- Business Wire - ServiceMaster Continues to Enhance Commercial Capabilities (Drawn 3/2/2020)
- Best Retail and Food Practices - Funiture Medic (Drawn 3/2/2020)
- Mohave County - Real Estate: AmeriSpec
- Phoenix Color - Home & Garden: AmeriSpec
- Phoenix Color - Home & Garden: Furniture Medic
- Pima County - Home and Garden: Amerispec
- Pima County - Home and Garden: Furniture Medic
- Yuma County - Home and Garden: ServiceMaster
- Colorado Springs Color - Furniture Stores: Furniture Medic
- Denver Color - Furniture: Furniture Medic
- Fort Collins Color - Home & Garden: Furniture Medic
- Provo Utah - Furniture: Furniture Medic
- Cheyenne, Wyoming. US - Home and Garden: Furniture Medic
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next