🠈 Skipper's 🠊
Skipper's is a chain that had an aspiration of becoming a national chain offering fish and chips. Apparently the chain had problems with the fluctuating price of pollock which they used in many of their recipes.
From what I understand, the central franchise failed, but many of the restaurants continue as independent restaurants. An organization calle Starways owns acquired the intellectual rights of Skippers.
The web site currently lists 12 restaurants.
- 1969: Herb Rosen founded Skipper's in Bellevue, Washington, in 1969.
- 1989: National Pizza Company, a franchisee of Pizza Hut, acquired Skippers, Inc. and expanded the chain.
- 199?: changes in the price of pollock pushed Skippers into the red.
- 1995: Meridian Capital acquired the firm..
- 2002: A group of private investors acquired the chain.
- 2006: The chain filed bankruptcy.
- 2007: Starway Restaurants acquired the intellectual property.
- Wikipedia - Skippers (Drawn 2/13/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next