🠈 Skipper's 🠊
Skipper's is a restaurant offering fish and chips that had an aspiration of becoming a national chain.
The menu was designed around pollock. The pollock harvest failed in the 1990s and the company was not able to respond to the price fluctuations.
From what I understand, the central franchise failed, but many of the restaurants continue as independent restaurants. An organization called Starways recently acquired the intellectual rights of Skippers.
The web site currently lists 12 restaurants.
- 1969: Herb Rosen founded Skipper's in Bellevue, Washington, in 1969.
- 1989: National Pizza Company, a franchisee of Pizza Hut, acquired Skippers, Inc. and expanded the chain.
- 199?: changes in the price of pollock pushed Skippers into the red.
- 1995: Meridian Capital acquired the firm..
- 2002: A group of private investors acquired the chain.
- 2006: The chain filed bankruptcy.
- 2007: Starway Restaurants acquired the intellectual property.
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next