🠈 Sykes Enterprises 🠊
Sykes Enterprises is a business outsourcing organization that provides a variety of consulting, telecommunications, marketing and call center services.
The company had over 55,000 employees in 2019. The site has an active job board with opportunities in call centers and work at home positions. Divisions of SYKES Include:
- ClearLink (clearlink.com) is a subsidiary of SYKES. ClearLink's headquarters are in Salt Lake City.
- Quelp (qelp.com) offers online technical support.
- Symphony HQ (symphonyhq.com) is an automation specialist.
- Assistance Service Group (assistanceservicesgroup.com) is a Canadian based subsidiary offers road-side assistance and health care services. (See history)
The company is headquartered in Tampa, Fl. They trade on the NYSE with the symbol NASDAQ: SYKE.
The company has expanded by opening new call centers and acquisitions. I list a few of the acquisitions below.
- 1977: John H. Sykes opened the firm with three employees in Charlotte, NC.
- 1979: The company offers technical writing services.
- 1992: SYKES acquired Jones Technologies, Inc. of Sterling, Co and entered the customer support sector.
- 1993: SYKES moved to Tampa, Florida.
- 1994: SYKES expanded internationally by opening a call center in Amsterdam.
- 1996: SYKES held an IPO on the NASDAQ.
- 1996: SYKES acquired Datasvar Support AB in Sweden.
- 1996: SYKES acquired DIAGSOFT Inc. based in Scotts Valley, Ca.
- 1997: SYKES acquired McQueen International Limited.
- 1998: SYKES acquired Oracle the Assistance Group (OTAG) which became Assistance Service Group. These are highlights from the web sites about us page:6
History of Oracle the Assistance Group
- 1955: Group was founded as National Auto League to provide road side assistance in Canada.
- 1989: Doing business as Oracle the Assistance Group, Jaguar Cars offered the service to its cars in Canada.
- 1989: OTAG formed a partnership with Cross Country Automotive Services of Boston to provide 24/7 roadside assistance throughout North America.
- 1997: OTAG formed an association with Hambro Legal Protection PLC to provide assistance in England.
- 1998: OTAG acquired Lawline Canada to provide legal assistance in Canada.
- 1998: OTAG acquired a health management call centre business called Clinidata Inc..
- 1999: SYKES expanded to Costa Rica.
- 2003: SYKES expanded to El Salvador and Cebu City in the Philippines.
- 2006: SYKES acquired Apex America in Argentina.
- 2009-2010: SYKES acquired ICT Group ( NASDAQ: ICTG) of Newtown, Pa. which had 40 call centers
- 1983: Company founded
- 2009: The recession forced ITCG to close many of its call centers.
- 2012: SYKES acquired Alpine Access.4
- 2015: SYKES acquired Qelp based in Boise, Id.
- 2016: SYKES acquired Utah based ClearLink with a work force of 1300.3
- 2003: ClearLink was founded in Salt Lake City.
- 2018: SYKES acquired Symphony Ventures.
- Wikipedia - Sykes Enterprises (Drawn 11/14/2019)
- Clearlink and Portent to Join Forces (Drawn 11/14/2019)
- Sykes PR - SYKES Acquires ClearLink (Drawn 11/14/2019)
- Sykes PR - SYKES Acquires Alpine Access (Drawn 11/14/2019)
- Assistance Services Group (Drawn 11/14/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next