🠈 Teleperformance 🠊
Teleperformance is a multinational call service agency with over 450 contact centers in 83 countries. The company was founded in 1978. Its headquarters are in Paris, Fr. The stock trades on the Euronext exchange with the symbol TEP.
Wikipedia reported that the group employed 383,000 people in 2021. The web site TeleperformanceCareers.com has information on starting a career with Teleperformance in the US. The company offers some work at home opportunities. Teleperformance Investor Relations has corporate Information.
The video highlights the company's switch to a "work at home" structure during the COVID pandemic.
The company called SR Teleperformance S.A. was created in 1990 through a complex merger led by Société Rochefortaise de Communication (SRC). You will often see the company's history starting with the creation Teleperformance in 1978.
Encyclopedia.com2 has a slightly better article on the company's history than Wikipedia.1 Both articles miss some rather important things.
My opening is purely speculative. This story might be relevant. In the 1820s, French colonists brought vanilla vines to the colony of Réunion. There was not a native pollinator for the bean and they could not develop the crop. In 1841, a 12 year old inventor named Edmond Albius discovered a technique for pollinating the Vanilla orchid. Albius was a slave owned by a French botanist at the time.6
Mexico was the primary source for vanilla at the time. In 1910, there was a revolution in Mexico. This disrupted the world's vanilla supply.
- 1910: Société Rochefortaise de Produits Alimentaires started as a food producer in Rochefort, Fr to produce crops in Madagascar. My guess is that the crop was vanilla.
- Société Rochefortaise de Communication (SCR) became a diversified conglomerate after WWII.
- 1978: SRC merged with Duprat et Durant and began focusing on marketing and media.
- Jacque Douce who had created Havas Conseil and Eurocom became a leading investor.
- 1982: SCR opened International Bear and Beverage in Nigeria.
- 1990: Société de Développement de Produits et Services (SDPS) merged with Jaurès Participations Conseils. It then acquired Teleperformance to create SR Teleperfomance
Early History of Teleperformance
- 1978: Daniel Julien established Teleperformance in Paris with 10 phone lines.
- 1986: Teleperformance listed on Paris Stock Exchange.
- 1986: Teleperformance expanced to Belgium and Italy.
- 1988: SRC began investing in Teleperformance.
- 1988: Teleperformance expanded to Austria, Spain, Germany, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- 1990: Teleperformance developed an outsourced customer care service program which include customer surveys.
- 1993: Teleperformance expanded to the United States.
- 1996: Teleperformance acquired Merkafon and expanded into Mexico.
- 199?: Teleperformance acquired Promoplan based in Italy.
- 199?: Teleperformance acquired TP Suisse.
- 199?: Teleperformance acquired the marketing service Design Board in Belgium.
- 199?: Teleperformance acquired the Healthcare Communication company Trubat based in France.
- 1996: Teleperformance created Teleperformance Australia, then expanded into New Zealand, the Philippines, South Korea and Singapore.
- 199?: Teleperformance acquired Americall.
- 199?: Teleperformance acquired a 51% stake in NSDI.
- 199?: Teleperformance acquired Nobel Systems.
- 2000: Rochefortaise Communication officially changed its name to SR Teleperformance.
- 2002: Teleperformance expanded to El Salvadore.
- 2004: Teleperformance expanded to Chile
- 2004: Teleperformance acquired US based CallTech Communications.
- 2004: Teleperformance acquired MM Group in the UK.
- 2004: Teleperformance acquired All by Phone + Net based in Germany.
- 2005: Teleperformance expanded to Utah by opening a call center in Lindon, Ut.
- 2006: Teleperformance acquired a majority stake in Swiss Contact Management Group (SCMG).
- 2006: Teleperformance acquired a 70% stake in Photel based in Hugary.
- 2006: Teleperformance acquired the AOL Call Center based in Ogden, Utah.
- 2007: Teleperformance bought the twenty4help from United Internet, a US based ISP.
- 2016: Teleperformance acquired LanguageLine Solutions LLC4.
- 2018: Teleperformance acquired Intelenet which was funded by a €750 bond. Intelenet became the basis of Teleperformance D.I.B.S. (Digital Integrated Business Services).3
- 2020: Teleperformance pivoted to a work at home strategy with its calls taking place in the cloud.
- 2020: Teleperformance acquired Health Advocate from the WestCorp division of Apollo Global Management for $690 million5.
- Wikipedia - Teleperformance (Drawn 12/29/2021)
- Encyclopedia.com - Teleperformance (Drawn 12/29/2021)
- Salt Lake Tribue - Teleperformance Acquires AOL Call Center (Drawn 12/29/2021)
- Market Screener - 2020 Teleperformance Registration Document (Drawn 12/29/2021)
- Philadelphia Inquirer - Teleperformance acquires Health Advocate Inc. (Drawn 12/29/2021)
- Atlas Obscura - Madagascar Vanilla (Drawn 12/29/2021)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next