🠈 Trader Joe's 🠊
Trader Joe's is an expanding chain of grocery stores headquartered in Monrovia, Ca.
The company was founded in 1958 as Pronto Markets by Joe Coulombe as a chain of convenience stores. In 1967, the stores took on a South Seas theme and changed its name to Trader Joe's to differentiate itself in the market.
Theo Albrecht (1922 – 2010), the owner of Aldi Nord, purchased the chain in 1978. The Albrecth's organized the chain as a cross between a discount store and themed store and accelerated the store's expansion. There were 160 stores as of 2002 in 15 states and 367 stores in 30 states as of 2012. They had 474 stores in 2017. The stores are primarily in the Western US.
The video talks about secrets at Trader Joe's. For example there is supposed to be a plastic lobster in each store.
Sources: Funding Universe, Wikipedia and Trader Joe's Timeline.
- Phoenix Color - Grocery Stores: Trader Joe's
- Pima County - Food: Trader Joe's
- Yavapai County - Shopping: Trader Joe's
- Boulder Color - Grocery Stores: Trader Joe's
- Colorado Springs Color - Grocery Stores: Trader Joe's
- Denver Color - Grocery: Trader Joe's
- Fort Collins Color - Grocery Stores: Trader Joe's
- Salt Lake Sites - Grocery Stores: Trader Joe's
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next