🠈 BC Partners 🠊
BC Partners is a London based private equity firm that manages over $20 billion in investments. Their site listed over 100 companies when I visited in June 2019. The site did not indicate if the investments were current. Nor did it indicate the percent of their stake.
Many of the transactions appear to be leveraged buyouts (LBOs) of public companies.
I harvested the names of investments which I posted on the right. I will show additional details of select transactions below.
- 1986: Otto van der Wyck, a co-founder of CVC Capital Partners, founded the company as Baring Capital Investors Ltd in conjunction with Baring Bank.
- 1995: Barings Bank failed when it was discovered that an employee (Nick Leeson) incurred over a billion dollars in losses in fraudulent commodities trades in Hong Kong.
- 2000: BC acquired Mark IV in a record setting leveraged buyout of a US company by a European firm.
- 2001: BC acquired Sanitec in a record setting LBO in Finland. Largest public to private LBO in Finland to date
- 2003: BC acquired SEAT PG in a record setting European LBO.
- 2004: BC purchased Picard Surgelés (which packages frozen foods) for €1.3bn from Candover Partners.
- 2010: Lion Capital acquired Picard for €1.5b.
- 2005: BC acquired Amadeus IT Group in a record setting Spanish LBO.
- 2006: BC acquired Regency Entertainment in a record setting LBO in Greece.
- 2006: BC acquired German based Brenntag in the second largest German IPO.
- 2007: BC acquired the UK real estate firm Foxtons for £370 million
- 2009: BC exited with major losses after the company reorganized its debt.
- 2008: BC acquired Intelsat for $16.6 billion. The company is a fixed satellite service provider.
- 2008: BC acquired the Turkish supermarket chain Migros Türk.
- 2009: BC acquired a 20% stake in Office Depot.
- 2010: BC acquired the health care cost management service MultiPlan in a $3.1 billion LBO.
- 2011: BC acquired Com Hem in the largest European LBO for the year.
- 2011: BC acquired Phones 4u for £700 million.
- 2014: Phones 4u entered into administration (ie, bankruptcy)
- 2012: BC acquired cable provider Suddenlink in a $6.5 billion LBO.
- 2015: BC sold a major portion of its stake to the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for $9.1 B.
- 2012: BC acquired pharmaceutical firms Aenova and Temmler Werke Holding GmbH
- 2014: BC added Haupt Pharma AG to its holdings.
- 2012: BC acquired Sullair Milton Roy Sundyne in a $3.4 billion LBO. They make pumps and compressors.
- 2014: BC acquired CarTrawler which is a European car rental platform.
- 2014: BC acquired PetSmart in an $8.7 billion LBO.
- 2015: BC acuired Dümmen Orange which is a leading breeder of flowers.
- 2016 BC acquired 80% of Keter for $1.3 billion.
- 2016: BC purchased the data center operations of CenturyLink for $2.3 billion. BC renamed the division Cyxtera.
- 2016: BC created the brand Elysium for a network of mental health clinics that it had acquired.
- 2017: BC acquired MCG Groupe which is a French business credit management firm.
- 2017: BC acquired Pronovias which manufactures wedding dresses.
- 2018: BC acquired a majority stake in The United Group for $2.6 billion.
- 2017: BC acquired PlusServer which offers managed hosting in Germany.
- 2018: BC acquired Ceramtec which manufactures advanced ceramics.
- 2018: BC invested in GFL Environmental Inc. which provides environmental servinces in Canada.
- 2018: BC acquired Zest Dental Solutions which provides health products in the US.
- Wikipedia - BC Partners (Drawn 6/13/2019)
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: BC Partners
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next