🠈 Blackstone Group 🠊
The Blackstone Group is a private equity fund based in New York. They trade on the NYSE with the symbol BX.
The company was founded in 1987 and held an IPO in 2007. The company has engaged in hundreds of news worthy transactions.
In this page, I will only list transactions that I've come across in other research.
- 1987: company founded
- 2005: Legoland acquired Legoland amusement parks from Lego.
- 2007: Blackstone acquired Tussauds, which operates wax museums, for $1.9 billion.
- 2012: Blackstone started Invitation Homes to acquire properties lost during the Great Recession. They acquired over 50,000 homes
- 2017: Invitation Homes had an IPO selling 77 million shares for $1.54 billion on NYSE with symbol INVH.
- 2019: Blackstone sold an additonal 40 million shares at $25.30.
- 2012: Blackstone acquired Motel 6 from Accor Hotels for $1.9 billion.
- 2016: Blackstone acquired $1.16 billion in properties from Hines REIT.
- Wikipedia - Blackstone (Drawn 12/12/2017)
- Blackstone to buy Tussauds (Drawn 12/12/2018)
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: Blackstone Group
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next