🠈 The Cheesecake Factory 🠊
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory is a chain of casual restaurants with a refined menu which highlights cheesecake for dinner. Corporate headquarters and in Los Angeles.
The chain was started as a sandwich shop in 1978 by David Overton with its first location in a suburb of LA. The cheesecakes themselves came from recipes of David's mother Evelyn. Evelyn learned to make cheesecakes for a Detroit restaurant in 1949 before raising a family.
The company expanded gradually in Southern California. They began expanding outside of California in 1990. The company went public in 1992. They trade on the NASDAQ with the symbol CAKE.
The company continues to grow gradually adding a few restaurants a year. In 2014, they began building restaurants outside the US.
The company is also developing The Grand Lux Cafe which serves a menu inspired by Venice.
In 2019, The Cheesecake factory acquired Fox Restaurant Concepts which developed a dozen unique restaurant ideas.
The Cheesecake Factory has not gone through many ownership changes. They held an IPO and developed a few new restaurants, but warded off the corporate raiders. Things may have changed with the acquisition of Fox Restaurant Group in 2019.
- 1978: David Overton started the chain as as a sandwich shop which includes his mother's signature cheesecakes.
- 1992: The company held an IPO on the NASDAQ with the symbol: CAKE.
- 2012: CAKE expanded internationally.
- 2019: CAKE acquired Fox Restaurant Concepts based in Phoenix.
- Wikipedia - The Cheesecake Factory (Drawn 11/13/2017)
- Phoenix Color - Dining: Cheesecake Factory
- Pima County - Dining: Cheesecake Factory
- Denver Color - Dining: Cheesecake Factory
- Salt Lake Sites - American: Cheesecake Factory
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next