🠈 Circle Investment 🠊
Circle is a Boston based financial firm. The company is home to the USDC cryptocurrency which is a stablecoin pegged to the US dollar. They also own the premium domain circle.com.
The company received backing from Goldman Sachs and is noted for its purchase of Poloniex, an exchange for trading cybercurrencies, and the crowdfunding platform SeedInvest.
- 2013: Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville established Circle, with the premium domain circle.com, as a peer-to-peer payment platform based in Boston.
- 2014: Goldman Sachs and IDG Capital Partners led a $50 million funding round for Circle. . Circle received a total of $135 million during funding rounds.2
- 2015: New York State issued its first BitLicense to Circle.
- 2016: Great British a virtual currency licensure for Circle.
- 2018: Circle acquired the cyber exchange Poloniex for $400 million.
- 2018: In October 2018: Circle acquired SeedInvest
- 2019: A group with the name Polo Digital Assets acquired Poloniex.
- Wikipedia - Circle (Drawn 11/7/2020)
- Mashable - Bitcoin Startup Raises Capital (Drawn 11/7/2020)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next