🠈 Dell Technologies 🠊
Established in 1984, Dell is the leading online destination for personal computers and laptops with over four decades experience delivering custom desktops, laptops and now tablet computers.
The Dell site lets you custom design your own PC. You start by choosing the basic style of the computer then specify the size of the hard drive, the internal memory, size of the CPU, software and accessories.
You can also find great deals on computers and tablets in the Outlet section. Corporate Headquarters are in Round Rock, Texas.
MSD Capital is a company that invests funds for Michael Saul Dell and his family.
I will include the corporate history of Dell and MSD Capital in a single chain.
- 1984: Michael Dell started selling personal computers out of his dorm room at The University of Texas in Austin.
- 1984: Dell dropped out of school and incorporated as Dell Computer Corporation with the DBA PC's Limited. He sold computers through ads and direct mail.
- 1988: Dell held its IPO.
- 1990: Dell launched subsidiaries in France and Italy and opened a manufacturing facility in Ireland.
- 1991: Dell introduced its first notebook PC.
- 1993: Dell expanded to Japan and Australia.
- 1996: Dell opened shop on the Internet.
- 1996: Michael Saul Dell established MSD Capital for family investments outside Dell.
- 1999: 1999 acquired ConvergeNet Technologies for $332 million.
- 2001: Dell became the leading source for Personal Computers.
- 2002: Dell introduced the Axim line of PDAs
- 2002: Dell tried selling through kiosks in malls.
- 2003: Dell opened a line of Dell Stores inside Sears.
- 2003: Dell rebranded as Dell Inc.
- 2004: Michael Dell stepped down as CEO but remanined chairman.
- 2006: Dell lost its number 1 ranking in PCs to Hewlitt Packard which had acquired Compaq.
- 2006: Dell acquired Alienware which makes gaming systems
- 1996: Nelson Gonzalez and Alex Aguila established company as Sakai of Miami, Inc..
- 1997: The company changed its name to Alienware with brands such as Area 51 and Hanger 18.
- 2007: Michael Dell resumed role as CEO.
- 2008: Dell acquired EqualLogic to improve manufacturing.
- 2009: Dell acquired Perot Systems.
- 2010: Dell acquired KACE Networks.
- 2011: Dell acquired Compellent which made data storage systems.
- 2011: Dell acquired Force10 Networks which had proprietary network technology.
- 2012: Dell acquired AppAssure with disaster recovery products.
- 2012: Dell acquired SonicWall which made security systems.
- 2012: Dell acquired Wyse which had a thin client.
- 2012: Dell acquired Clerity Solutions.
- 2012: Dell acquired Quest Software, maker of Toad, for $2.36 billion. This became the basis for Dell Software to which they added other software purchases.
- 2012: Dell acquired Gale Technologies which made automation systems.
- 2012: Dell acquired Credent Technologies.
- 2013: Silver Lake acquired Dell
- 2014: Dell acquired a suite of analytic tools called StatSoft.4
- 2016: Francisco Partners acquired Dell Software which included KACE, Boomi, AppAssure Software, SonicWall, Quest Software, Enstratius, and StatSoft. The company changed its name to Quest Software.
- 2016: Dell acquired EMC for $67 billion. Dell reorganized and changed the name of its parent company to Dell Technologies.
History of EMC Corporation
- 1979: Richard Egan, Roger Marino & John Curly founded EMC standing for (Egan, Marino & Curly)
- 1981: EMC developed 64 bit memory boards for the Prime Computer.
- 1990: EMC released a circuit array called Symmetrix.
- Wikipedia - Dell (Drawn 11/7/2019)
- Wikipedia - MSD Capita (Drawn 11/7/2019)
- Funding Universe - Dell Inc. (Drawn 11/7/2019)
- Wikipedia - Dell Software (Drawn 11/7/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next