🠈 Figaro's Pizza 🠊
Figaro's is a Pizza chain based in Salem, Or. The company had 37 locations in 4 countries.
They own Nick 'N Willy's which is down to three locations. Pizza Schmizza is now an independent company. The organization supports H.E.L.P. The Charity.
The company was founded in 1981 by Corkey Gorley and Al DeBacker. The company had grown to to 17 outlets in four countries by 2011 when it acquired Nick 'N Willy's in 2011.
- 1981: Corkey Gorley and Al DeBecker opened a pizza restaurant in Salem, Or.
- 2006: Figaro's acquired Sargo's Subs.2
- 2008: Figaro's, which had a hundred shops, acquired Schmizza International Inc. which owns the venerable Pizza Schmizza brand which had 31 stores.3
- 1988: Andre and Roger Jehan founded Pizza Schmizza in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- 2003: Pizza Schmizza paid homeless people to hold Pizza Schmizza signs. The company was boycotted for exploiting the homeless.4
- 2011: Figaro's acquired Coloraod-base World Famous Pizza Company Ltd. which owned the Nick 'N Willy's franchise system for $600,000. The press release indicates the money was used to pay off debt.
- 1989: Nick-N-Willy's Pizza® was founded in 1989 in Boulder, Colorado.
- 2001: The company began franchising.
- 2014: Figaro's spun off Pizza Schmizza (schmizza.com) as an independent chain.
- Wikipedia - Figaro's (Drawn 11/6/2019)
- Pizza Marketplace - Figaro's Acquires Nick N Willy's (Drawn 11/6/2019)
- QRS - Pizza Schmizza Sold (Drawn 11/6/2019)
- Revolvy - Pizza Schmizza (Drawn 11/6/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next