🠈 Godfathers Pizza 🠊
Godfather's Pizza makes a pizza that you can't refuse. The first Godfather's Pizza was opened in Omaha in 1973. The parlor was named after a blockbuster movie released in 1972. The chain has grown to over 400 restaurants in 40 states. The majority of restaurants are owned and operated by local franchisees.
- 1973: Godfather's Pizza was founded in Omaha, Nebraska.
- 1974: Willy Theisen bought the pizza parlor and the name.
- 1992: Theisen bought 40% stake of The Green Burrito.
- 1982: Godfather sold shares through EF Hutton Company.
- 1983: Chart House Inc. acquired Godfather`s to create Diversifoods. Chart House owned about 500 Burger King Restaurants and other restaurants.
- 1985: Pillsbury acquired Diversifoods.1
- 1986: Pillsbury appointed Herman Cain head of the Godfather's Pizza Division.
- 1988: Cain and a group of investors acquired Godfather's. Cain closed 250 under performing stores and brought chain back into the black.2
- 2009: Ronald B. Gartlan bought out Herman Cain.
- Chicago Tribune - Diversifoods (Drawn 5/24/2018)
- New York Times - Godfather's Pizza sold by Pillsbury (Drawn 5/24/2018)
- Wikipedia - Godfather's Pizza (Drawn 11/10/2019)
- Colorado Springs Color - Pizza: Godfathers Pizza
- Denver Color - Pizza: Godfathers Pizza
- Pueblo Color - Pizza: Godfathers Pizza
- Internet Rivers - Pizza Chains: Godfathers Pizza
- Cedar City - Pizza: Godfather's Pizza
- Ogden, Utah - Pizza: Godfather's Pizza
- Provo Utah - Pizza: Godfather's Pizza
- Saint George - Pizza: Godfather's Pizza
- Salt Lake Sites - Pizza: Godfather's Pizza
- Cheyenne, Wyoming. US - Pizza: Godfather's Pizza
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next