🠈 Il Fornaio 🠊
Il Fornaio is a chain of Italian Restaurants inspired by the artisan breads of Italy based in Corte Madera, Ca.
The chain started 1972 as a baking school in Barlassina, Italy. The school opened its first retail bakery in 1975. The school licenses the name Il Fornaio to independent bakers. There are numerous bakeries in Italy.4 Williams-Sonoma licensed the name for the United States and brought the brand to California.
This section shows corporate transactions involving the brand.
- 1972: Carlo Veggetti started Il Fornaio as a baking school to preserve the craft of traditional Italian bread making in Barlassina, Lombardia, Italy.1,4
- 1975: Il Fornaio opened a bakery.
- 1981: Williams-Sonoma licensed the brand in the United States.
- 1987: Company opened its first full service restaurant in Corte Madera, Ca.
- 1997: Il Fornaio held an IPO on NASDAQ with symbol ILFO.4
- 2000: Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co bought Il Fornaio, which had 24 restaurants, off the open market for $81.4 million.2
- 2006: Il Fornaio and BRS acquired Corner Bakery Cafe which had 91 restaurants.3
- 2011: Roark Capital Group acquired Il Fornaio and CBC from BRS.5
- Wikipedia Il Fornaio (Drawn 10/13/2019)
- LA Times - BRS Acquires Il Fornaio (Drawn 10/13/2019)
- Business Wire - Il Fornaio acquired Corner Bakery (Drawn 10/13/2019)
- NASDAQ - IPO (Drawn 10/13/2019)
- PR Newswire - Roark Acquires CBC and Il Fornaio (Drawn 10/13/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next