🠈 JLL Partners 🠊
Joseph Littlejohn & Levy.
JLL Partners is a private equity firm based in NYC. This page lists transactions that I encounter in my research.
- 1987: William J. Gilliam, Peter A. Joseph and Angus C. Littlejohn Jr created Gilliam Joseph & Littlejohn
- 1988: Paul S. Levy from Drexel Burnham Lambert joined the firm bringing $150M for investments. The firm was renamed Gilliam Joseph Littlejohn & Levy.
- 1998-1999: JLL helps establish the hospital management firm IASIS Health Care.
- 2009: JLL invests in JG Wentworth which buys up structured settlements:
JG Wentworth History
JG Wentworth is a firm that buys structured settlements and annuities. They are based in Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania.
- 1991: JGW was started by James D. Delaney and Gary Veloric to process health care payments. They began buying auto insurance deferrals and switched to buying structured settlements.
- 1995: JGW received credit from ING for buying structured settlements.
- 2009: The financial crisis forces JGW into bankruptcy.
- 2013: JGW has an IPO on NYSE with ticker JGWE. I assume JLL exited at this time.
- 2015: JGW acquires WestStar Mortgage for $54 million in common shares and cash.
- 2016: JGW was delisted from the NYSE.
- 2017: JGW files its second bankruptcy.
- Archive.org JP Wentworth IPO Filings (Drawn 1/9/2018)
- Wikipedia - JG Wentworth (Drawn 1/9/2018)
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: JLL Partners
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next