🠈 KeyBank 🠊
KeyBank / KeyCorp
KeyBank is an interstate bank with headquarters in the Key Tower in Cleveland, Ohio. KeyBank is a subsidiary of KeyCorp.
In 2008, Key was ranked in position 321 in the Fortune 500 list of largest American Companies. They are the 12th largest US bank based on assets and the 16th largest based on deposits. At the time of this review (6/16/2008) Key reported having 985 branches in 13 states.
KeyCorp Holding Company trades on the NYSE with the symbol KEY.
Pictures of Branches (as I come across them).
- 1825: The bank was created by charter as The Commercial Bank of Albany in New York in a bill signed by Governor DeWitt Clinton.
- 1864: The company was reorganized as National Commercial Bank of Albany in accordance with the National Banking Act of 1864.
- 1920: the company merges with Union Trust Company to create National Commercial Bank and Trust Company.
- 1971: The company merges with First Trust and Deposit to create First Commercial Banks Inc
- 1869: The Trust and Deposit Company of Onondaga was established in Syracuse.
- 1919: Trust and Deposit Company of Onondaga merged with First National Bank of Syracuse to become First Trust and Deposit.
- 1979: Company changed its name to Key Bank.
- 1994: KeyBank merged with Society National Bank. This merger of equals created KeyCorp holding company. They company kept the KeyBank name but moved its headquarters to Cleveland
- 1849: Samuel H. Mather founded Society For Savings in Cleveland
- 1958: Society became a public company and began acquiring community banks as Society National Bank
- 1986: Society acquired Cleveland based Central National Bank.
- 1990: Society acquired TrustCorp and Cleveland Trust.
- 2012: Key acquired 37 branches from HSBC Bank USA branches in Upstate New York for $110 million
- 2015: KeyCorp acquired First Niagara Bank for $4.1 billion in cash and stock. They sold 12 branches to avoid anti-trust complaints.
- Funding Universe - KeyCorp (Drawn 3/30/2018)
- Wikipedia - Keybank (Drawn 3/30/2018)
- The Financial Chronical - 1920 (Drawn 3/30/2018)
- Boulder Color - Banks: Key Bank
- Denver Color - Banks: Key Bank
- Fort Collins Color - Banks: Key Bank
- Logan Utah - Financial: Key Bank
- Ogden, Utah - Banks: Key Bank
- Park City, Utah - Banks: Key Bank
- Provo Utah - Banks: Key Bank
- Salt Lake Sites - Banks: Key Bank
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next