🠈 MTY Food Group 🠊
MTY Food Group
MTY Food Group , based in Montreal Quebec, is a firm that concentrates on owning and developing Canadian based food franchises; so their focus might change. The company has acquired several US based franchises. The bar to the right lists brands developed by MTY. They Trade on the Toronto exchange with the symbol MTY.
Wikipedia reports that the company has over 5,000 outlets. Apparently many of the outlets are in mall based food courts.
The Community Color project is interested in stores operating in the Mountain West of the United States. In the corporate history, I will look primarily at transactions involving American conglomerates.
- 1979: Stanley Ma, an immigrant from Hong Kong, Le Paradis du Pacifique in Laval.
- 1984: Ma started the mall based chain Tiki Ming.
- 1986: Company incorporated as Golden Sky Resources Inc..
- 1994: The company took the name Golden Sky Ventures International Inc.
- 2000: The company took the name iNsu Innovations Group Inc.
- 2003: Company took the name MTY Food Group Inc. with the symbol MTY on the TSX exchange.
- 2017: MTY acquired Imvescor Restaurant Group Inc. which had 262 outlets for $248 million Canadian dollars. Imvescor's brands included the brands Toujours Mikes, Pizza Delight, Scores Rotisserie, Bâton Rouge, and Ben & Florentine.
- 2018: MTY acquired the chains Timothy's World Coffee and mmmuffin from Group Le Duff.
- 2019: MTY acquired Papa Murphy which is a chain of 1400 franchises selling take and bake pizzas.
1989: Golden Sky began trading on the Vancouver Exchange.
- Wikipedia - MTY Food Group (Drawn 9/25/2019)
- MTY - Notre Histoire (Drawn 9/25/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next