🠈 Ryder 🠊
Ryder is a transportation company that offers fleet management and truck rental services. They sold their division that rented consumer vans to Budget in 1998.
- 1933: James Ryder founded Ryder as concrete hauling company with a single 1931 Model "A" Ford. It grew to 50 trucks in the first year.
- 1952: Ryder acquired Great Southern Trucking Company .
- 1955: Company was renamed to Ryder System, Inc. and went public.
- 1968: Ryder created a "consumer truck rental firm" with 1,000 trucks and vans painted a bright yellow.
- 1972: Ryder acquired Truckstops of America.
- 1984: Standard Oil of Ohio acquired TA.
- 1998: Ryder sold its consumer truck rental business to Budget Rent a Car which created the Budget Truck Rental brand.
- 1999: FirstGroup, based in Scotland, acquired Ryder Public Transport Services which provided school bus and contracted public bus transportation in the United States.
- 2008: Ryder acquired Pollock, Lily Transportation and Gator Leasing.
- Wikipedia - Ryder (Drawn 11/28/2018)
- Coconino County - Rent-A-Car: Ryder
- Phoenix Color - Car Rentals: Ryder
- Pima County - Rent a Car: Ryder
- Colorado Springs Color - Rent-a-Car: Ryder
- Denver Color - Car Rentals: Ryder
- Fort Collins Color - Rentals: Ryder
- Grand Junction - Car Rentals: Ryder
- Salt Lake Sites - Transportation: Ryder
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next