🠈 Scheels All Sports 🠊
Scheel's All Sports
Scheel's All Sports is an employee owned chain of sporting goods stores headquartered in Fargo, ND. The chain currently sports 27 locations.
Frederick A Scheel, a German immigrant, founded the Scheels hardware store in 1902 with $300 earned from harvesting potatoes.
The store added a shelf of sporting goods stores in 1954. The chain began expanding in Northern states.
Corporate Time Line
The chain has remained in the hands of the founder's family and business associates since its founding in 1902. This section lists corporate events drawn from Funding Universe and Wikipedia.1,2
- 1902: Frederick A. Scheel opened a general store in Sabin, Mn
- 1919: Frederick M. Scheel, who served in the US Navy, bought the store from his father.
- 1925: 1927 Carl Buth and Chris Kuehl took over the Sabin location.
- 1928: Frederick M. Scheel moved to North Dakato. He and Memfred Nelson acquired the Moorhead Hardware Company in Moorhead, Mn and Swanson Hardware Co in Fargo, ND.
- 1940-46: Scheel's opened hardware stores in Casselton, Hillsboro, and Fairmount, ND.
- 1954: Scheel's added a shelf with sporting goods in the stores and continued expansion.
- 1955: The company expanded to Billings, Mt.
- 1969: Scheels incorporated.
- 1972: Scheels added atheletic shoes to the mix.
- 1989: Scheels opened its first all sports superstore in Grand Forks, ND.
- 1998: Scheel's opened a two level mega store near Iowa City.
The Wikipedia controversy section warns that the company's CEO made donations to the NRA and—even worse—Donald Trump. The fact that and alleged-encyclopedia outs business people for political beliefs seems more controversial than the political beliefs themselves.
- Funding Universe - Scheel's (Drawn 11/25/2020)
- Wikipedia - Scheels (Drawn 11/25/2020)
- Colorado Springs Color - Sporting Goods: Scheels All Sports
- Fort Collins Color - Sporting Goods: Scheels All Sports
- Salt Lake Sites - Sporting Goods: Scheels All Sports
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next