🠈 Sherwin-Williams 🠊
Sherwin-Williams is a Cleveland based firm that manufactures and sells paints and building products. The company offers industrial paints. The residential brands are found in many home improvement stores and a network of paint stores.
The video is about a product that reduces waste.
Wikipedia says the company has over 4000 stores. The company trades on the NYSE with the symbol SHW. In October 2019, the company had a market value over $50 billion on revenues of 17.71 billion.
The Intellectual Property Page shows some of the brands held by the company. There is a page for different categories of patents.
I drew the base for the company's merger chain from Funding Universe1. I supplemented it with additional articles and press releases that I found on the web. It appears that the growth is largely organic. NOTE: one of the lines in the merger history is fictitious.
- 1866: Henry Sherwin bought a partnership in Truman Dunham Company of Ohio which distributed pigments, painting supplies, oils, and glass.
- 1870: The first company dissolved and Sherwin organized his paint business with new partners: Edward P. Williams and A. T. Osborn to make Sherwin-Williams & Company.
- 1873: SW purchased a factory on the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 1877: SW patented the reclosable paint can.
- 1884: The company reorganized as The Sherwin-Williams Company
- 1917: SW acquired Martin-Senour Company of Chicago.
- 1920: SW raised $15 million in an IPO.
- 192?: SW acquired Acme Quality Paint Company of Detroit.
- 1920: Wile E Coyote formed a partnership with Acme to catch that elusive roadrunner in Arizona.
- 1929: Sherwin-Williams acquired Bredell Paint Company of Havana, Cuba and expanded into Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo.
- WWII: Sherwin-Williams developed camouflage paints for military equipment, etc..
- 1964: SW moved to the NYSE.
- 1977: SW had a loss of $8.2 on $1 billion in revenue.
- 1981: SW acquired Gray Drug2
- 1987: Rite-Aid acquired Gray.
- 198?: SW acquired the brand and manufacturing facilities for Dutch Boy paints.
- 198?: SW acquired Dupli-Color Products Company
- 1990: SW bought Krylon and Illinois Bronze spray paints.
- 1990: SW bought the architectural coatings business of DeSoto, Inc.. This made the company the largest paint distributor.
- 1994: SW acquired the assets of The Old Quaker Paint Company.
- 2007: SW acquired Columbia Paint & Coatings2
- 2011: SW acquired Leighs Paints based in Bolton UK.
- 2012: SW attempted to buy Comex Group based in Mexico. Mexican antitrust regulators squashed the deal. SW then bought Comex's US operations.2
- 2014: Mexico Sued Sherwin-Williams because the company failed to complete the acquisitions that Mexican courts rejected.3.
- Funding Universe - Sherwin Williams (Drawn 10/18/2019)
- Wikipedia - Sherwin William & Gray Drug (Drawn 10/18/2019)
- Reuters - Mexico Sues Sherwin-Williams over failed take over attempt (Drawn 10/19/2019)
- Cochise County - Shopping: Sherwin-Williams
- Mohave County - Shopping: Sherwin-Williams
- Navajo County - Shopping: Sherwin-Williams
- Phoenix Color - Hardware Stores: Sherwin-Williams
- Pima County - Shopping: Sherwin-Williams
- Pinal County - Shopping: Sherwin-Williams
- Yuma County - Home and Garden: Sherwin-Williams
- Boulder Color - Hardware Stores: Sherwin-Williams
- Colorado Springs Color - Home Stores: Sherwin-Williams
- Denver Color - Hardware / Lumber: Sherwin-Williams
- Durango Colorado - Home and Garden: Sherwin-Williams
- Fort Collins Color - Home & Garden: Sherwin-Williams
- Garfield Colorado Links - Shopping: Sherwin-Williams
- Grand Junction - Home: Sherwin-Williams
- Pueblo Color - Home: Sherwin-Williams
- Steamboat Springs Me - Shopping: Sherwin-Williams
- Missoula Websites - Home: Sherwin-Williams
- Cedar City - Home: Sherwin Williams
- Davis County - Home and Garden: Sherwin-Williams
- Logan Utah - Hardware: Sherwin-Williams
- Ogden, Utah - Hardware Stores: Sherwin-Williams
- Park City, Utah - Home & Garden: Sherwin-Williams
- Provo Utah - Hardware: Sherwin-Williams
- Saint George - Home / Furniture: Sherwin-Williams
- Salt Lake Sites - Hardware: Sherwin-Williams
- Vernal, Utah. US - Shopping: Sherwin-Williams
- Cheyenne, Wyoming. US - Home and Garden: Sherwin-Williams
- Laramie, Wyoming - Home & Garden: Sherwin-Williams
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next