🠈 Stone Point Capital 🠊
Stone Point Capital
Stone Point Capital is a private equity firm based in Greenwich, Ct. The company appears to invest primarily in other financial services firms.
The front page claims to have $17 billion invested in 130 companies. The investment range from venture capital to corporate buyouts. Press releases associated with the buyouts appear to be real.
This firm is extremely interesting from an economic point of view because it is a huge financial service firm that is focused exclusively on the financial sector. It is a prime example of money making money. I mention this because Wikipedia deleted the page associated with the firm.
If someone was interested in studying how America's financial sector has gone wrong; they could start with this multi-billion dollar private equity firm that does nothing for the world but move money between other financial service companies.
In this section I will lest transactions that I encounter in my research which is the Mountain West. Unfortunately most of the 130 investments are outside my area of interest.
- 2005: Company founded in Greenwich, Ct.
- 2018: SP acquired Rialto Investment and Rialto's asset management division from Lennar Corporation.
- 2017: Stone Point acquired Bankruptcy Management Solutions, Inc. (The press release did not say if BMS itself had gone bankrupt.)3
- 2019: BMS Rebranded as Stretto.4
- 2014: Stone Point acquired Oasis Outsourcing
- 2018: Paychex acquired Oasis.
- Wikipedia - Stone Point Capital (Drawn 11/12/2019)
- PR Newswire - Lennar Completes Sale of Rialto (Drawn 11/12/2019)
- Stone Point - BMS Acquisition (Drawn 11/16/2019)
- Business Wire - BMS Rebrands as Stretto (Drawn 11/16/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next