🠈 Tenet Healthcare 🠊
Tenet Healthcare is a multi-national, Fortune 500 firm, that owns hospitals, out-patient clinics and additional health care resources. The company's headquarters are in Dallas, Tx. They trade on the NYSE with the symbol THC.
- United Surgical Partners International (USPI) provides ambulatory surgery.
- MedPost Urgent Care and CareSpot is a network offering urgent care services. They use the domain: CareSpot.com.
This section shows corporate transactions of the company that I encounter as I examine who owns what in the local community.
- 1969: Attorneys Richard Eamer, Leonard Cohen and John Bedrosian as National Medical Enterprises (NME) in Los Angeles, Ca.
- 1975: NME owned 23 hospitals and a home health care business.
- 1981: NME owned or managed 193 hospitals and nursing homes
- 1990: NME had 200 hospitals in its network and was the second-largest hospital company.
- 199?: NME sold its specialty hospitals after several scandals.
- 1994: NME acquired American Medical Holdings for $3.35 billion and changed its name to Tenet Healthcare Corporation.
- 1996: Tenet moved its headquarters to Santa Barbara, Ca
- 1998: Tenet purchased 8 hospitals from the bankrupt Allegheny Health, Education & Research Foundation in Philadelphia for $345 million.
- 2002: an investigation into kickbacks, billing and surgical practices led to a 70% drop in stock price.
- 2004: Tenet sold or closed 14 hospitals and 20 facilities.
- 2004: Tenet moved its headquarters to Dallas, Texas. In 2006.
- 2007: Tenet paid $725 million to the Justice Department related to billing between 2000 to 2002.
- 2007: Former Florida governor Jeb Bush joined its board of directors.
- 2008: Tenet launched Conifer Health Solutions.
- 2011: Tenet’s board rejected a $7.3 billion takeover bid from Community Health Systems, Inc.
- 2011: Tenet paid $42.75 million for allegations of misbilling Medicaid between 2005 and 2007.
- 2012: Tenet sold Diagnostic Imaging Services, Inc., its former diagnostic imaging center business in Louisiana.
- 2012: Tenet sold Creighton University Medical Center in Nebraska.
- 2013: Tenet acquired Vanguard Health Systems, based in Nashville, Tennessee, for $4.3 billion. This made Tenet the 3rd largest hospital network.
- 2014: Tenet partnered with Yale New Haven Health System to create a healthcare delivery network in Connecticut.
- 2014: Tenet partnered with the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center to create a 140 bed teaching hospital in El Paso, Tx.
- 2014: Tenet launched MedPost Urgent Care as a network of urgent care facilities.
- 2014: Tenet acquired a majority interest in Texas Regional Medical Center which is a 70-bed community hospital in Sunnyvale, Texas.
- 2014: Tenet opened Resolute Health Hospital in New Braunfels, Texas.
- 2014: A Tenet subsidiary attempted to acquire Saint Mary's Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut. It fell apart due to conditions set by Connecticut.
- 2014: Tenet acquired the 209 bed Emanuel Medical Center in Turlock, Ca from the Swedish Evangelical Covenant Church.
- 2014: Tenet formed a joint venture with Baptist hospital system in Birmingham, Alabama Brookwood Medical Center and other related medical centers.
- 2015: Tenet acquired a majority interest in United Surgical Partners International (USPI) making it the largest operator of outpatient surgery centers in the United States.
- 2015: Tenet acquired Aspen Healthcare in Great Britain.
- 2015: Tenet acquired a majority interest in a three-hospital system in Tucson in a deal with Dignity Health and Ascension Health to operate the Carondelet Health Network.
- 2015: Tenet's division Abrazo Health, part of the Vanguard transaction, rebranded as Abrazo Community Health Network.
- 2016: Tenet formed a joint venture with Baylor Scott and White Health to operate hospitals in North Texas.
- 2016: Tenet paid a $514 million settlement with the Department of Justice in an alleged "kickback" scheme with Clinica de la Mama for referring medicaid patients. (Dept of Justice)
- 2015: Tenet acquired the Baptist Health System of Birmingham, Alabama creating the subsidiary Brookwood Baptist Health.
- Tenet sold 3 Houston hospitals to HCA Healthcare.
- 2016: Tenet and UPSI acquired the CareSpot network of urgent care centers of Brentwood, Tn which was founded in 2001.
- 2018: Tenet sold its operations in the United Kingdom.
- 2018: Tenet sold MacNeal Hospital, in Berwyn, Illinois, to the Roman Catholic Loyola Medicine.
- 2019: Tenet sold its three remaining Chicago-area for-profit hospitals to Los Angeles-based Pipeline Health.
- Wikipedia - Tenet Health (Drawn 9/30/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Hospitals: Arizona Spine & Joint Hospital
- Phoenix Color - Hospitals: OASIS Hospital
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: CareSpot
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: Abrazo Health
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: OrthoArizona
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: Chandler Endoscopy Center
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: Arizona Specialty Surgery Center
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: Saint Joseph's Outpatient Surgery Center
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: Desert Ridge Outpatient Surgery Center
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: Metro Surgery Center
- Pima County - Health: CareSpot
- Pima County - Health: Carondelet Health Network Hospital & Specialty Care
- Boulder Color - Health: Flatirons Surgery Center
- Denver Color - Clinics / Physicians: Golden Ridge Surgery Center
- Denver Color - Clinics / Physicians: Summit View Surgery Center
- Denver Color - Clinics / Physicians: Harvard Park Surgery Center
- Denver Color - Clinics / Physicians: Crown Point Surgery Center
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next