🠈 Weingarten Realty 🠊
Weingarten is a Houston based company that began as a chain of grocery stores. The company sold its stores to Grand Union which had ambitious goals of being the largest grocery store chain. The Weingarten company has since concentrated on real estate. The company trades on the NYSE with the symbol WRI.
This is a video presentation for the Lowry Town Center in Denver:
- 1901: Harris Weingarten and his son Joseph opened a grocery store in Downtown Houston.
- 1920: The family opened its second store.
- 1926: Weingarten had 6 stores.
- 1938: Weingarten had 12 stores.
- 1948: Joe Weingarten and his son Harris founded Weingarten Realty to build stores.
- 1951: Weingarten had 25 stores.
- 1967: Weingarten had 70 stores.
- 1980: Grand Union acquired Weingarten's grocery chain.
- 1985: Weingarten Realty held its IPO.
- 2008: Weingarten sold 70% interest in 12 properties to Hines Realty.
- Wikipedia - Weingarten Realty (Drawn 10/25/2018)
- Phoenix Color - Commercial Realty: Weingarten Realty
- Pima County - Realty: Weingarten Realty
- Denver Color - Commercial: Weingarten Realty
- Salt Lake Sites - Commercial Realty: Weingarten Realty
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next