🠈 Whataburger 🠊
Whataburger, not be be confused with "What-A-Burger" or "What-A-Burger Drive In," is a national chain of hamburger frying restaurants based in Corpus Christi, Tx. The company had over 800 restaurants and $2.4 billion in sales in 2018.
The company received a trademark on its name in 1950. It turns out, however, that a few small restaurants were operating under the name before the trademark.
The menu also includes the Whatacatch fish sandwich, Whatachick'n fare and a variety of breakfast items on a bun.
The chain was founded by Harmon Dobson and Paul Burton, opened its first restaurant in Corpus Christi, Texas in 1950 and remained in the family's hand until 2019.
The company remained in family hands for almost 70 years.
- 1950: Harmon Dobson and Paul Burton, opened its first restaurant in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- 1993: Tom Dobson took the helm.
- 2019: BDT Capital acquired majority stake in the firm.
- Wikipedia - Whataburger (Drawn 10/31/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Fast Foods: Whataburger
- Pima County - Dining: Whataburger
- Pinal County - Dining: Whataburger
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next