🠈 Yucaipa Companies 🠊
Yucaipo Companies is a private equity firm based in Los Angeles. Historic investments include Ralphs Grocery Stores and Barnes and Noble. This page lists transactions I've encountered in my research:
- 1986 Company was founded by Ronald Burkle.
- 1987: Yucaipa acquired Kansas City based Food 4 Less for $35 million.
- 1988: Yucaipa acquired Cala Bell of San Franscisco.
- 1989: Yucaipa acquired Boys Markets for $375 million.
- 1991: Yucaipa acquired Alpha Beta which was a California based grocery store for $271.
- 1994: Yucaipa acquired Phoenix based Smitty's for $138 million.
- 1994: Yucaipa acquired Ralphs Grocery Co. out of Southern California $1.5 billion. Yucaipa rebranded Alpha Beta and Boys as Ralphs.
- 1997: Fred Meyer acquired Ralphs and Food 4 Less.
- 1995: Yucaipa acquired a Chicago based grocery store chain called Dominick's for $750 million.
- 1998: Safeway acquired Dominick's for $1.85 billion.
- 1999: Yucaipa invested $3 million in GameSpy, and $25 million in Cyrk, Inc..
- 2004: Yucaipa acquired TDS Logistics
- 2004: Yucaipa and Piccadily Restaurant Investment Group, LLC acquired Piccadilly Restaurants.
- 2005: Yucaipa bought majority stake in Aloha Airlines for $100 million.
- 2005: Yucaipa acquired a 40% stake in Pathmark for $150 million.
- 2007: Yucaipa sold Pathmark to GA&P then acquired stake in The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company as part of of the deal.
- 2008: Yucaipa acquired a stake in Barnes & Noble.
- 2009: Yucaipa doubled its stake in Barnes & Noble to 16.8% during e-reader war with Amazon.com.
- 2012: Yucaipa sold divested its shares in Barnes & Noble to its investors.
- 2011: The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company declares bankruptcy increasing Yucaipa's stake in company.
- 2012: Yucaipa bought a stake in Barneys of New York.
- 2012: Aloha Airlines declares bankruptcy.
- 2014: Yucaipa acquired Fresh & Easy from Tesco.
- Wikipedia - Yucapai Companies (Drawn 9/6/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next