Internet Rivers: Health
There isn't a secret to good health. The truth is that good health is a multidimensional problem that involves exercise, eating right and occasional help from trained physician, nutrionists and other dedicated professionals. Following any particular guru or fad generally leads to even worse health.
I believe that the internet is able to help people improve their health by providing an open forum for debate about health issues. To an extent buying health related products and food on the internet lets you concentrate on ingredients, cause and effect. Computers can engage your mind in ways that stores do not. Sadly, there is also a great deal of misinformation on the internet as well. This section of linksalive lists web sites with health realted themes. Generally, I will add sites as I research different health topics.
- Cure Gout Now (*)
This site has an ebook on dealing with Gout.
- AdultClothDiaper.com (*) - review
Adult Cloth Diaper offers solutions for people suffering incontinence.
- Back Joy (*) - review
Back Joy is an othotic device that improves one's sitting position and reduced back pain. Try coupon stressfree to receive a free roller with your order.
- HealthTap (*) - review
Based in Palo Alto, HealthTap offers an online application that can connect you to a doctor 24/7 along with a supplemental library to help with health concerns.
- Pioneer Emergency Medical Alarms (*)
Pioneer offers emergency alert systems which are ideal for seniors.
- Institute for Healthcare Advancement (www.iha4health.org)
A site working to improve health care literacy.
- Mesothelioma (www.maacenter.org)
MAACenter helps victims of asbestos related cancer gather information on the disease. We have compiled the most comprehensive awareness center for malignant mesothelioma on the web.
- Malignant Mesothelioma (www.malignantmesothelioma.com)
Malignant mesothelioma is an asbestos-related illness that affects thousands of Americans every year. This website is intended to offer an up to date knowledgebase of everything you need to know about malignant mesothelioma.
- PersonaLabs (merchant profile)
The PersonaLabs program offers direct to consumer professional lab tests. The site includes tests for diabetes, STDs, heart health testing, STDs, cancer screening and more.
- Cancer Schmancer (www.cancerschmancer.org)
Cancer Schmancer seeks to educate people on detecting cancer when it is most curable.
- Mesothelioma (www.mesothelioma-aid.org)
Resource site about the cancer mesothelioma, how it is diagnosed and treated, and how caregivers can support mesothelioma patients.
- HealingWell.com (www.healingwell.com)
Guide to Diseases, Disorders, and Chronic Illness
- The Coalition of Americans for Research Ethics (www.stemcellresearch.org)
The Coalition for Research Ethics believes the research community should follow the same addage of Hippocrates and "Do No Harm"
- World Health Organization (www.who.int)
The WHO is a primary source for international health information.
- CDC - Influenza (www.cdc.gov)
CDC information about the 2009 swine flu outbreak.
- HealthMap (healthmap.org)
This site uses GoogleMaps to display disease outbreaks.
- Mountain Rescue Association (mra.org)
The MRA is dedicated to saving lives and mountain rescue education.
- RID: Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths (www.hospitalinfection.org)
This organization is concerned with reducing infectuous diseases caught while at the hospital.
- Healthcare Whisperer. (www.healthcarewhisperer.com)
Healthcare Whisperers is a health care advocacy service.
- WellWire (www.wellwire.com)
Everyday Holistic Solutions
- Nurse For Health (www.nurseforhealth.com)
Nurse for Health promotes healthy living through nutrition, diet and exercise.
- Medical News Today (www.medicalnewstoday.com)
Site includes reports from the world of medicine.
- Panic Goodbye (www.panicgoodbye.com)
A blog by Bertil Hjert about anxiety disorders.
- Healthcare Blue Book (healthcarebluebook.com)
Site provides estimates of common hospital procedures and medical tests.
- Drug Addiction dot com (www.drug-addiction.com)
Site has information on addiction and treatment centers.
- My Health Software (www.my-health-software.com)
My Health Software is a software company that creates software to help people self manage and monitor their health.
- Hands-Only CPR (handsonlycpr.org)
This site has a short online demonstration of CPR along with an entertaining handwalker ad.
- Dispose My Meds (disposemymeds.org)
It's time to clean out the medical closet. Dispose My Meds has information on proper disposal of old medicines.
- Hand Washing for Life (handwashingforlifehealthcare.com)
Site promotes proper handwashing and cleaning for health care facilities.
- Flu.gov (www.flu.gov)
A site by the department of health and human services about the flu.
- The Association of Mature American Citizens (www.amac.us)
An alternative to AARP.
- PubMed (Pubmed.gov)
PubMed is a library with thousands of health related abstracts published by the National Institutes of Health
- AIDS.gov (aids.gov)
A national site has information regarding HIV/AIDS.
- Dr. Robert J. Rowen's Second Opinion Newsletter.com (www.secondopinionnewsletter.com)
Dr. Robert Rowan publishes the Second Opinion Newsletter. Dr. Rowan believes in food as medicine and preventative care.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (www.thehotline.org)
The National Domestic Hotline 1 800 799-SAFE (7233) offers resources for victims of domestic abuse.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (www.afsp.org)
AFSP is a group seeking to help people out of the darkness to prevent suicides.
- The disease map (disease-map.net)
This site is creating a topological map of reported diseases.
Category Hits 10231
*This is an affiliate link.