🠈 AutoZone 🠊
AutoZone is a leading provider of aftermarket auto parts. The company had over 6000 company owned stores with 87,000 employees spread around the globe when I made this page in April 2018. The video introduces the AutoZone loan a tool program.
Advertisement: Auto Anything is an online only subsidiary of AutoZone offering auto parts.
The company has grown primarily through organic growth with a few strategic acquisitions. Here are some highlights of its corporate history:
- 1979: The company was founded as Auto Shack by grocery store chain Malone & Hyde in Forest City, Ak.
- 1984: Auto Shack became the first parts retailer to introduce its own quality assurance program.
- 1987: The company changed their name to AutoZone when it had 459 in 16 states.
- 1989: They adopted an in store computer management system and grew to 513 in 17 states.
- 1991: AutoZone held its IPO on the NYSE with the symbol AZO.
- 1995: AutoZone opened its thousandth store.
- 1996: AutoZone opened its web site and acquired a software firm called ALLDATA which designed software to track parts perform diagnostics.
- ALLDATA was founded in 1986 in Elk Grove, Ca
- 1998: AutoZone acquired a 112 chain of auto parts stores in the Northeast called Auto Palace.
- 1998: AutoZone acquired a 43 store chain called TruckPro L.P. which they sold in 2001.
- 1998: AutoZone acquired Chief Auto Parts Inc. which had 560 stores in 5 states.
- 1999: AutoZone purchased 100 Express stores from Pep Boys.
- 1999: AutoZone began expanding internationally with stores in Mexico (www.autozone.com.mx) and made its debut on the Fortune 500 List.
- 2012: AutoZone opened its 5,000th store in Wasilla, Alaska
- 2012: AutoZone acquired the online store AutoAnything.
History of Auto Anything
- 1979: The company was founded in San Diego by Selwyn Klein to manufacture Blue Ribbon genuine sheepskin seat covers.
- 1997: David Selwyn joined firm to start engaging in ecommerce.
- 1999: Trevor Selwyn joined firm to oversee the development of the web site.
- Cochise County - Auto: AutoZone
- Coconino County - Automotive: AutoZone
- Gila County - Business: AutoZone
- Graham County - Automotive: AutoZone
- La Paz County - Business: AutoZone
- Mohave County - Business: AutoZone
- Navajo County - Automotive: AutoZone
- Phoenix Color - Auto Parts: AutoZone
- Pima County - Automobiles: AutoZone
- Pinal County - Automotive: AutoZone
- Santa Cruz County - Automotive: AutoZone
- Yavapai County - Business: AutoZone
- Yuma County - Automotive: AutoZone
- Boulder Color - Autoparts: AutoZone
- Colorado Springs Color - Auto Parts: AutoZone
- Denver Color - Auto Parts: AutoZone
- Durango Colorado - Automotive: AutoZone
- Fort Collins Color - Automotive: AutoZone
- Garfield Colorado Links - Auto: AutoZone
- Grand Junction - Auto: AutoZone
- Pueblo Color - Cars: AutoZone.com
- Internet Rivers - Auto Parts: AutoZone
- Box Elder County - Box Elder Color: AutoZone
- Cedar City - Auto: AutoZone
- Davis County - Automobile: AutoZone
- Logan Utah - Automotive: AutoZone.com
- Ogden, Utah - Automotive: AutoZone
- Provo Utah - Cars: AutoZone.com
- Saint George - Cars: AutoZone
- Salt Lake Sites - Car Service / Parts: AutoZone
- Sanpete County - Sanpete County Color: AutoZone
- Sevier County - Sevier Color: AutoZone
- Tooele - Auto: AutoZone
- Vernal, Utah. US - Automotive: AutoZone
- Wasatch Color - Auto: AutoZone
- Cheyenne, Wyoming. US - Auto: AutoZone.com
- Wikipedia - AutoZone (Drawn 4/28/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next