🠈 PepBoys 🠊
PepBoys is a chain of autopart and tire stores with over 7000 stores. The chain was started with a $800 investment by Emanuel "Manny" Rosenfeld, Maurice "Moe" Strauss, Graham "Jack" Jackson and Moe Radavitz in 1921 as Pep Auto Supply in Philadelphia. The company was named "Pep" simply because they liked the short name used on "Pep Grinding Oil."
The company's logo features three Pep boys (Manny, Moe and Jack) with the slogan "PepBoys Does Everything for Less."
The web site offers local coupons and information about the company. The video below talks about Pep Boy's eServe program that allows you to schedule auto appointments online.
- 1921: Emanuel (Manny) Rosenfeld, Maurice L. (Moe) Strauss, W. Graham (Jack) Jackson founded Pep Auto Supply Company.
- 1929: The company did not have substantial debt and weathered the Great Depression.
- 1933: Pep Boys expands into Los Angeles with the California stores as a separate legal entity.
- 1945: The company went public. They had the ticker PBY.
- 1969: There were 124 stores.
- 2011: Pep Boys acquired Big 10 Tires.
- 2012: The Gores Group sought to buy Pep Boys but the deal fell through.
- 2015: Bridgestone sought to buy firm for $825 million, but the deal fell through.
- 2015: Icahn Enterprises acquired Pep Boys for $1.03 billion.
- 2017: Pep Boys acquired Just Brakes which had 134 stores.
- Phoenix Color - Auto Parts: PepBoys
- Pima County - Automobiles: PepBoys
- Pinal County - Automotive: PepBoys
- Santa Cruz County - Automotive: PepBoys
- Yuma County - Automotive: Pep Boys
- Colorado Springs Color - Auto Parts: PepBoys
- Denver Color - Auto Parts: Pep Boys
- Ogden, Utah - Automotive: PepBoys
- Provo Utah - Cars: PepBoys
- Salt Lake Sites - Car Service / Parts: PepBoys
- Pep Boys - History (Drawn 1/2/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next
This merchant was listed as an affiliated merchant on the Prosperent service. By passing the link through Prosperent, I might receive a commission on sales. Here is the Prosperent FTC Notice. Here is a list of all prosperent links in this project.