🠈 Groome Transportation 🠊
Founded in 1934 by the Groome family, Groome Transport is specialty ground transportation provider with routes to major airports, campuses and towns.
The company was owned for three generations by the Groome family. It was acquired by Cortec Private Equity in 2018.
There is a mystery in this merger chain. At some mysterious point, Groome acquired the assets of GreenRide and Arizona Shuttle. I could not find any press releases about the change. My guess is that it happened in 20018 and was financed by Cortec.
- 1934: Harold V. Groome, Sr. started Groome with school bus service in Henrico County, Ga.
- 1947: Groome started shuttle service to Richmond International Airport.
- 2018: The Cortec Group acquired Groome Transportation.
- 201?: Groome acquired Arizona Shuttle
- 2009: Arizona Shuttle acquired Flagstaff Express and Open Road Shuttle of Flagstaff, Az. (ref)
- 2012: Arizona Shuttle acquired Shuttle-U based in Prescott, Az.
- 2013: Arizona Shuttle acquired Sedona-Phoenix Shuttle (ref)
- 2014: Arizona Shuttle acquired airport transit service from Prescott Transit Authority. (ref)
- 201?: Groome acquired the assets of GreenRide.
- 2009: Green Ride founded in Northern Colorado.
- 2017: Green Ride bought SuperShuttle's Northern Colorado routes. (ref)
- Coconino County - Travel: Groome Transportation
- Phoenix Color - Travel: Groome Transportation
- Yavapai County - Travel: Groome Transportation
- Colorado Springs Color - Travel: Groome Transportation
- Denver Color - Transportation: Groome Transportation
- Fort Collins Color - Travel: Groome Transportation
- Cheyenne, Wyoming. US - Travel: Groome Transportation
- Laramie, Wyoming - Travel: Groome Transportation
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next