🠈 Hexcel Corporation 🠊
Hexcel Corporation is an industrial company based in Stamford, Ct that develops advanced materials. Products include carbon fibers, resins, honeycomb structures, adhesives, and advanced plastics.
The name Hexcel refers to materials that incorporate hexagonal shaped cells in a honeycomb structure.
The company trades on the NYSE with the symbol: HXL.
This section shows select corporate transactions.
- 1946: Roger Steele and Roscoe Hughes, engineers at UC Berkeley, began experimenting with advanced materials in their basement. They bid for a military contract to create radar domes for military aircraft.
- 1954: the company changed its name to Hexcel Products, Inc.
- 196?: Hubert A. Zemke, Jr and Dave McCoy contracted with Hexcel to produce skis that combined honeycomb aluminum and pre-impregnated fiberglass.
- 1968: Hexcel acquired its suppler Coast Manufacturing.
- 1969: The Apollo 11 landing pads used the material.
- 1970: Chris and Denny Hanson of Hanson Boots acquired the ski making division.
- 1975: Hexcel acquired a company that specialized in graphite weaving technology.
- 1977: Hexcel acquired Tower Scientific which manufactured replacement knee, hip, and shoulder joints.
- 197?: Hexcel sold its medical products lines.
- A recession inspired the company to expand internationally.
- 1981: Hexcel purchased a stake in the French firm Stevens-Genin S.A. which made glass-fiber and woven industrial materials. Hexcel eventually acquired the full firm.
- 1981: Hexcel acquired Seal Sands Chemical Co. Ltd. which was a manufacturer of specialty chemicals in England.
- 198?: Hexcel's Chandler plant developed products for the secret stealth bomber.
- 199?: Hexcel formed a joint venture with Dainippon Ink & Chemicals to produce honeycomb materials in Japan.
- 199?: Hexcel began producing arch supports for Reebok. (Advertisement: buy Reebok Shoes)
- 1993: Hexcel filed chapter 11 and sold off several plants.
- 1995: Hexcel merged with Ciba Composites. The merged company chose the Hexcel name.
- 1995: Hexcel acquired the Composites Products Division from Hercules.
- 1997: Hexcel acquired the satellite prepreg business from Fiberite.
- 2017: Hexcel acquired the aerospace and defense business of Oxford Performance Materials.
- 2017: Hexcel acquired Structil SA which is a French based company that developed advanced composites.
- 2018: Hexcel acquired ARC Technologie which makes RF/EMI and microwave absorbing composite materials.
- Funding Universe - Reebox (Drawn 8/29/2019)
- Wikipedia - Hexcel (Drawn 8/29/2019)
- Pinal County - Business: Hexcel Corporation
- Fort Collins Color - Business: Hexcel Corporation
- Salt Lake Sites - Manufacturing: Hexcel Corporation
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next