🠈 Investment Management Corp 🠊
Investment Management Group
Investment Management Corporation IMC is a holding company that was created with the goal of building long lasting companies. The portfolio began with the creation of Golden Corral and now includes a half dozen entities.
- Golden Corral is a chain of buffet style restaurants.
- Fleet Feet is a chain of stores selling running shoes.
- IDOC, LLC (Independent Doctors of Optometric Care - idoc.net) provides resources for independent optometrists.
- RiseMark is a franchise offering in home services for seniors with the Right at Home brand.
- Arcadia Beverage (arcadiabev.com), based in Arden, NC, offers beverage processing and distribution along with a line juices and protein drinks. They were established in 1939.
- Cornerstone Building Alliance, LLC is a holding company offering services in the building industry.
Golden Corral is a chain of family style restaurants from Raleigh, NC. The restaurants are noted for their generous buffet and traditional entrées. The majority of restaurants are local franchises.
The company was formed in 1972. The chain grew to 500 restaurants by 1987 when they began franchising to local managers. Today the majority of restaurants are locally owned franchises. In Sept 2018, their web site listed 489 locations, while Google said they had 208 restaurants.
Many of the restaurants offer a "To-Go" service which lets people buy food from the buffet by the pound.
Fleet Feet is a chain of running shoe franchises that was started by Sally Edwards and Elizabeth Jansen in 1976. The site listed 175 stores when I visited in September 2018.
RiskMark is a franchise system offering home care services throughout the United States with the Right at Home, and internationally with the brand Right At Home International.
They complement their care with the IKOR Global franchise which offers health care advocacy and financial management resources for the disabled and seniors.
The company was founded by Allen Hager in Omaha, Nebraska in 1995. The company was acquired by IMC in 2016 while keeping the existing management team.
It appears that this company has had a consistent chain of ownership and no bankruptcies since its inception in 1972.
- 1971: James Maynard and William F. Carl created Investors Management Corporation.
- 1972: IMC incorporated Golden Corral and opened their first restaurant in Fayetteville, NC in 1973.
- 1987: They had 500 restaurants and began franchising restaurants to managers.
- 2012: IMC acquired Fleet Feet which had 93 locations in 33 states.
- 1976: Sally Edwards and Elizabeth Jansen, former school teachers, a running store in Sacramento with $2000 investment.
- 1993: Tom Raynor, who was an early employee at Nike, bought Fleet Feet.
- 2016: IMC acquired RiseMark which is a franchise offering senior home care
- 1995: Company was founded by Allen Hager in Ohama, Ne.
- 2016: IMC acquired IDOC.
- 1990: IDOC was founded in Norwalk, Ct.
- 2016: IDOC acquired PRIMA Eye Group which was a consulting company for Optometrists.
Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. lists Golden Corral as a "realized investment" but I couldn't find any press releases on the event. It may have just been a loan.
- Cochise County - Dining: Golden Corral
- Mohave County - Dining: Golden Corral
- Phoenix Color - Shoes: Fleet Feet
- Phoenix Color - Finance: IKOR International
- Phoenix Color - Senior Care: Right at Home
- Phoenix Color - Dining: Golden Corral
- Pima County - Dining: Golden Corral
- Pima County - Shoes: Fleet Feet
- Pima County - Seniors: Right at Home
- Pima County - Finance: IKOR of Tucson
- Pinal County - Dining: Golden Corral
- Yavapai County - Dining: Golden Corral
- Yavapai County - Health: Right at Home
- Yuma County - Dining: Golden Corral
- Colorado Springs Color - Dining: Golden Corral Restaurant
- Colorado Springs Color - Senior Services: Right at Home
- Denver Color - Dining: Golden Corral
- Denver Color - Finance: IKOR International
- Denver Color - Senior Care: Right at Home
- Fort Collins Color - Dining: Golden Corral
- Fort Collins Color - Health: Right at Home
- Grand Junction - Dining: Golden Corral Restaurant
- Grand Junction - Senior: Right at Home
- Pueblo Color - Dining: Golden Corral
- Missoula Websites - Dining: Golden Corral
- Davis County - Dining: Golden Corral
- Ogden, Utah - Dining: Golden Corral Restaurant
- Ogden, Utah - Health: Right at Home
- Provo Utah - Dining: Golden Corral
- Saint George - Dining: Golden Corral
- Salt Lake Sites - Senior Care: Right at Home
- Salt Lake Sites - American: Golden Corral
- Wikipedia - Golden Corral (Drawn 9/25/2017)
- Restaurant Business - How Golden Corral is Bucking the Trend (Drawn 9/27/2018)
- PR Newswire - IMC Acquires RiseMark (Drawn 9/27/2018)
- Vision Monday - IMC Acquires IDOC (Drawn 9/27/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next