🠈 LabCorp 🠊
LabCorps offers a nationwide network of health labs. Their headquarters are in Burlington, NC. They trade on the NYSE with the symbol: LH.
- 1978: The company was created by Revlon Health Care Group as National Health Laboratories Incorporated.
- 1985: Revlon was taken over by Ron Perelman.
- 1988: National Health Laboratories Incorporated went public on the NASDAQ with the symbol NHLI with headquarters in La Jolla, Ca.
- 1991: National Health Laboratories Incorporated
- 1991: Many health labs were entangled in a scandal called Lab Scam.
- 1994: Company reorganizes with a holding company structure with the name: National Health Laboratories Holdings Inc..
- 1994: National Health Laboratories Holdings acquires Allied Clinical Laboratories, Inc. of Nashville, Tennessee.
- 1995: LabCorp merged with Roche Biomedical Laboratories, Inc. with the name Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings with the symbol "LI."
- 1998: LabCorp acquired the laboratory division of Universal Standard Healthcare (UHCI) based in Michigan.
- 2000: LabCorp completed acquisition of San Diego-based Pathology Medical Laboratories
- 2001: LabCorp completed the acquisition of Path Lab Holdings Inc. out of New England
- 2001: LabCorp acquired ViroMed Inc. out of Minneapolis, Mn
- 2002: LabCorp acquired the Canadian company DaynaCare for $480M
- 2005: LabCorp acquired outstanding Shares of Esoterix, Inc.
- The FTC Challenged Labcorp's attempt to acquire Westcliff Medical Laboratories
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next