🠈 Bio Products Laboratories 🠊
Bio Products Laboratory
BPL Plasma is a network of plasma collection centers in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of the UK based Bio Products Laboratory which, in turn, is owned by a Chinese Investment firm named Creat Group.
Blood Product Laboratory began in 1954 as part of the British Medical Research Council. In 1991, the National Health Service renamed the division Bio Product Laboratory to emphasize advances in the market.
In 1996 the health service discovered an outbreak of Variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease in Edinburgh, Scotland. vCJD is a prion based disease that could infect plasma; So, BPL began sourcing plasma in the United States in 1998.
In 2010, BPL was reorganized as a limited liability company. In 2013 the private equity firm Bain Capital acquired an 80% stake in BPL for £230m. In 2016, Bain sold its holdings to a Chinese investment firm named Creat.
- Wikipedia - Bio Products Laboratory (Drawn 12/10/2017)
- Coconino County - Health: Bio Products Laboratories
- Phoenix Color - Blood Donations: Bio Products Laboratories
- Denver Color - Blood Donations: Bio Products Laboratories
- Internet Rivers - Blood Donations: Bio Products Laboratories
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next