🠈 Metalmark Capital 🠊
Metalmark Capital is a private equity created by Morgan Stanley.
They were spun off Morgan Stanley in 2004, but acquired by Citigroup in 2007. I probably should include them on the Citi page; however, I fear that page will get enormous ... if ever I developed it.
As Citigroup and Morgan Stanley are huge, I will only list transactions that I encounter in other research. I copied the portfolio from their site in Sept 2019 to create the side bar list of investments.
- 1985: Morgan Stanley created Morgan Stanley Capital Partners.
- 2000: Funded by Metalmark, Enersys bought the American assets of the Japanese firm Yuasa which makes batteries.
- 2004: Morgan spun off MSCP which changed its name to Metalmark Capital.
- 2007: Citigroup acquired Metalmark. It appears they are keeping the brand.
- 2007: Metalmark acquired the North American Packaging Operations SCA which is a forest products company and renamed it Tegrant
- 2011: Sonoco acquired for $550 million.
- Packworld - SCA Packaging Now Tegrant (Drawn 9/18/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next