🠈 Citi and its many flavors 🠊
Citigroup, Citicorp, Citi Holdings and CitiWhatnot
The City Bank of New York was established in 1812. The group and its subsidiaries have been involved in numerous transactions in its two centuries of existence. This page simply lists transactions that I've encountered in other research.
- 1812: City Bank of New York was incorporated with $2M in assets.
- 1981: Citicorp spun off its Citicorp Venture Capital as CVC Capital
- 1988: Citicorp arranged for Mohasco to be acquired by MHS Holdings. MHS split into multiple groups including Mohawk Industries and CORT Furniture Rentals.
- 1995: A private equity firm called Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. split from Citigroup.
- 1997: Citigroup acquired Salomon Brothers
- 1998: Citigroup acquired Travelers.
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: Citigroup
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next